Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I think we all know who the REAL design director is over there...

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So the new “Design Director” is no longer listed in Cadets staff page. Sad situation indeed, such a talented guy if he would have been given an opportunity imo 

So I keep hearing stuff about GH actually directing the design. Is this actually true or is it all conjecture? I'd like to believe that he hired these people because of their talents, and since I have no inside information on what's actually going on, it'd be nice to get some facts about it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

I think we all know who the REAL design director is over there...

Shockingly predictable. 

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

No longer on the staff page 

is it that someone didn't know how to spell his last name or did he go the way of Sal Salas '17?

Were either ever there or just in press releases? Did he resign once hearing the other back door issues?

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

is it that someone didn't know how to spell his last name or did he go the way of Sal Salas '17?

Were either ever there or just in press releases? Did he resign once hearing the other back door issues?

I see he posted about Cadets as late as December 2017 on his Facebook.

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Shane’s out??

People come and go so fast. Didn’t even leave ashes, just a cloud of smoke. Poof 

2 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

People come and go so fast. Didn’t even leave ashes, just a cloud of smoke. Poof 

Some corps & bands hire folk for seed ideas, concepts, brainstorming at the beginning and then allow the home team designers to flesh out the mechanics of those ideas for the rest of the season. I know I have been hired by several units over the years for exactly that; one such school was several time zones away and I never saw nor was I expected to see one practice or student. Everything was long distance communication, tapes, and  conference calls. It worked well enough that they won their BOA regional class gold when they went to Texas that year. And yes, there were other units competing in their class, ha, ha.

I don't know what the particularities of S.G.'s engagement was or how involved. If Mingus' comments are correct, I note the coincidence that the end of SG's comments about Cadets is about the same time that indoor percussion groups double down on being serious for the current season too.  That's where his heart and past successes have been. Who knows? Ask him.

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Some corps & bands hire folk for seed ideas, concepts, brainstorming at the beginning and then allow the home team designers to flesh out the mechanics of those ideas for the rest of the season. 

That might be the case, but you would think GH would have let the world know that.