Cadets 2018

7 hours ago, Brass34 said:

The last time Cadets went west, they had a pretty good season. Just saying.

This is what he said.

Yes, today, Feb. 12th, Lincoln's Birthday, This is what he said.

pretty good is an understatement, no?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

So - as some of you know I've been laying low. I did get a video and call from a friend who was at the camp over the weekend

I guess the big thing to share is the brass line is set - and a much more powerful and aggressive book/approach than same time last year

My buddy - who marched elsewhere (BD) but is a pretty tough critic - was impressed by the book and the brass. 70 some in attendance. He said it reminded him of the 2007 line in terms of sound/power. I loved that line so when he said that it surprised me.

Anyway - that's all I got. G.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance said:

All of the financial #### measuring makes me pine for the day when pulling out stopwatches and measuring how long a corps moves at XXX BPM for their show was a thing.

hey these remote control props, 18 speakers, 20 wireless mics and high end mixing boards cost $$$$

gas is cheap by comparison - we're officially in the era of indoor practice domes and grammy award winning mixing consultants :)

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

This might be true, but some feel the BD cut back so they can rehearse more and get more rest by cutting back on the extra overnighters.

Right. But why? BD performs less and rehearses and rests more because they don't need the performance fees to offset costs. No doubt other corps would manage their schedules more strategically too if they had the option financially.

HH

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

My buddy - who marched elsewhere (BD) but is a pretty tough critic - was impressed by the book and the brass. 70 some in attendance. He said it reminded him of the 2007 line in terms of sound/power.

That is a very good thing.

That horn line could knock a wall down!!! Great sound.

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So - as some of you know I've been laying low. I did get a video and call from a friend who was at the camp over the weekend

I guess the big thing to share is the brass line is set - and a much more powerful and aggressive book/approach than same time last year

My buddy - who marched elsewhere (BD) but is a pretty tough critic - was impressed by the book and the brass. 70 some in attendance. He said it reminded him of the 2007 line in terms of sound/power. I loved that line so when he said that it surprised me.

Anyway - that's all I got. G.

your comments match Dans' post and he was at camp  Sounds great (pun intended.)  How they sound with the feet will be all telling. This is where 2007 shone.

PS. After tomorrow, Mardi Gras, I'll be working on some special projects and will not be on for about six weeks. Not a health problem, just something special. See you for Śmigus-dyngus. 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, xandandl said:

your comments match Dans' post and he was at camp  Sounds great (pun intended.)  How they sound with the feet will be all telling. This is where 2007 shone.

PS. After tomorrow, Mardi Gras, I'll be working on some special projects and will not be on for about six weeks. Not a health problem, just something special. See you for Śmigus-dyngus. 

Enjoy. I look forward to your return on DCP.

• Thanks 1