Cadets 2018

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, dans said:

Enjoyed Cadets camp today. I must say, the improvement in the brass line over last year is remarkable. This line can part your hair...a lot of focus on power. And the book is way more interesting than last year. Drew Shanefield is doing great stuff...he wrote a great book. Really happy with the Cadets right now. I believe this is the best foundation the corps has had to build on for several years. Today was the debut of the vocals at ensemble. Very surprised that I was impressed...not a big fan of vocals in drum corps. The singers are extremely talented and the vocal arrangements seem way better than previous attemps. The Cadets should go into spring training with a really solid product. What happens when they put the show on the field is the real test. We shall see how it turns out. Hopefully, the design staff won't shoot themselves in the foot again this sason...please!

14 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So - as some of you know I've been laying low. I did get a video and call from a friend who was at the camp over the weekend

I guess the big thing to share is the brass line is set - and a much more powerful and aggressive book/approach than same time last year

My buddy - who marched elsewhere (BD) but is a pretty tough critic - was impressed by the book and the brass. 70 some in attendance. He said it reminded him of the 2007 line in terms of sound/power. I loved that line so when he said that it surprised me.

Anyway - that's all I got. G.

It all sounds so familiar.

I hope they have a much better year than the last few years.

However, I'll believe the "hype" when I see and hear it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The majority of brass lines should sound good standing still. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, xandandl said:

your comments match Dans' post and he was at camp  Sounds great (pun intended.)  How they sound with the feet will be all telling. This is where 2007 shone.

PS. After tomorrow, Mardi Gras, I'll be working on some special projects and will not be on for about six weeks. Not a health problem, just something special. See you for Śmigus-dyngus. 

May your water bucket's aim be true...:whistle:

Here in the Cleveland area they have a rather nice celebration...

Catch you on the flip side...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

So put him on ignore.  You seem to be hypersensitive to his comments.  

Most brasslines do sound good standing still. Sheesh.  The borgs live. 

Which leaves one to believe they should all sound "more good" when amplified!  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Haha 1

Reading the high praise of the 2007 horn line. About all I can remember is that awful narration and how it ruined the show for me, including that horn line.  What a shame. It should have served as a lesson. But here we are 11 years later and he persists in jamming the narration, which is almost always over the top preachy and cheesy. And the worst part- distracting from that talent in the horn line. 

Edited by HockeyDad

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So put him on ignore.  You seem to be hypersensitive to his comments.  

Most brasslines do sound good standing still. Sheesh.  The borgs live. 

Took care of it - he/she - gone