Cadets 2018

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

you're a "borg" unless you are 24/7/365 negative 

JMO

I'm quite negative right now, passed along "a report" and then it got quoted and referred to as "hype" 

So frankly, when it comes to Cadets "you can't win"

#### guess i'm a borg. I liked a lot of last year's show.

there was just 6 better ones above it

• Like 2

What Jeff said.

Only saw Cadets once in person last summer, and once in the movie theater... and I enjoyed their show.

Since I'm not a judge, a show designer, a corps member, or corps staffer.... "I was entertained" is all I can ask for, and I was.

5 hours ago, dans said:

Not hypersensitive to his comments, I expected a similar reaction. If he's not interested in updates about the Cadets then maybe he should avoid the Cadets thread. Some of us are actually interested in news about how the corps is doing. And, "Most brasslines do sound good standing still" completely misses the point regarding my observations from camp this past weekend. And from a technical standpoint, you can identify better than average brass lines even when they are standing still.

Thanks for the info.  God knows I wouldn’t know a good brassline. 

5 hours ago, FTNK said:

I just hope the 2018 Cadets are able to form a shape of achievement and become athletes of God.

are you envisioning Zingali flex-geometrics, Korean-Intel 4th dimension drones spelling out "DCI," or moving the props to spell out "GH loves your" ???:bored:

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Some of you make me LOLOL.  You’re the same people who criticized Boston relentlessly because staff afforded themselves of free market of their intellectual property and took their services elsewhere.  I saw people from other groups get up and leave when Boston came on.  Too bad. They missed a great program.  

That being said, you’re right.  I’m done with this thread and my money goes elsewhere.  The hypocrisy runs thick here. 

Ah, Dans. Don't take any of their comments personally. As we can all tell, it seems despite snow and flight delays they made it to Tampa.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but if you only ever post negative comments on EVERYTHING...you don't get to make out like you're the victim after you're called out on it. Constructive criticism with a reasonable tone is fine.  But if you're going to be negative all the time, maybe keep it to yourself. It gets old and predictable. This applies to every corps and every thread. 

Anyways, if you heard Cadets brass at camp, it was obvious they have an improved sound compared to 2017. And that's not surprising given they have 40-50 vets.  And it's silly to say all horn lines sound good standing still. Are you saying you can't tell the difference between standing in front of a Crown horn arc and another corps? C'mon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3