Cadets 2018

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

In through the nose, out through the mouth.  That's the way 2C.  

Is that the same as breathe Dah? I find that very relaxing.  :-D

9 hours ago, Icer said:

Don't worry about the title.  Have you listened to any of the brass rehearsals?  The mashup of Sensemaya and Sound of Silence is brilliant, the musicianship that will be demonstrated if they play it properly will impress the judges, and the opportunities for properly featuring the percussion in the piece are practically endless (compared to last year where the percussion was not as dramatically showcased).  This has the potential to be a spectacular show.  Let's see if they can write drill that will compliment the music, and if they can pull it off with this year's veteran corps.

If you go back several pages, you'll see me claiming how much better their brass is compared to last year. I also stated how the arrangements feel much meatier and drum corps-esque.

The point I was making in the post you quoted was how giving insight into an unfinished product will produce mixed reactions.  We, the audience, do not need to see or be a part of the design process.  Keep it hidden until the time is right.

14 hours ago, Brass34 said:

If you go back several pages, you'll see me claiming how much better their brass is compared to last year. I also stated how the arrangements feel much meatier and drum corps-esque.

The point I was making in the post you quoted was how giving insight into an unfinished product will produce mixed reactions.  We, the audience, do not need to see or be a part of the design process.  Keep it hidden until the time is right.

More like shut up and play is an apt statement. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

The Cadets are in a good place right now. They have the framework of a really good show. In my opinion, if Hopkins stays out of the design process, this will be a strong show. If not, this will be a mess of a concept and show...time will tell.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I still have my "Shut Up And Play" T-Shirt from JJay Boyd - RAMD. 

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

It's not the people playing that need to shut up though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dans said:

The Cadets are in a good place right now. They have the framework of a really good show. In my opinion, if Hopkins stays out of the design process, this will be a strong show. If not, this will be a mess of a concept and show...time will tell.

this

2 hours ago, dans said:

In my opinion, if Hopkins stays out of the design process, this will be a strong show. If not, this will be a mess of a concept and show...time will tell.

Of course, DCP members don't necessarily know which ideas come from Mr. Hopkins or from someone else, so what this really means is that "If we like things, we'll say that he stayed out of it, and if we don't like things, we'll blame him for it."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1