Cadets 2018

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

What the heck just happened? I’m pretty sure most corps sell less tickets to their “home show” it they can’t be there. This isn’t exactly rocket science or “elitism” - it’s somewhat common sense 

Seriously. Less corps at a show = less tickets. It's not like he said the show would be not worth going to anymore.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Seriously though, when the Cavaliers weren’t at their Lisle, Illinois show several years back, the place was dead empty.  It hasn’t happened since, I’ve noted. 

Exactly. And yes, popcorn please 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

Use of your expletive "profanity" to circumvent filters is against forum rules...comment was not directed at you.

Posting Guidelines: Members shall not post --

--profanity, or circumvent the word filters in place

I suspect the profanity filters were part of a package deal and perhaps cannot be altered even though they are so encompassing as to include innocent words that are regularly on prime time TV and no one over 5 years old would be offended by.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

What the heck just happened? I’m pretty sure most corps sell less tickets to their “home show” it they can’t be there. This isn’t exactly rocket science or “elitism” - it’s somewhat common sense 

Somewhat agree...Does not always happen though...I do know cases that this not to be true...but have no idea about Cadets Clifton show...depends more upon the show lineup IMO...more so than just the home corps NOT showing up to perform...

Edited by Liahona

54 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Seriously though, when the Cavaliers weren’t at their Lisle, Illinois show several years back, the place was dead empty.  It hasn’t happened since, I’ve noted. 

So here is a case that bolsters the opposite opinion of mine...that is fine with me....someone should take notice to Terri's post as a better way to respond than being all snarky and over defensive and trying to start trouble...thanks for your input Terri...

:12_slight_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

So here is a case that bolsters the opposite opinion of mine...that is fine with me....someone should take notice to Terri's post as a better way to respond than being all snarky and over defensive and trying to start trouble...thanks for your input Terri...

:12_slight_smile:

Thanks!  Of course, it could be a completely different scenario out east.  Here in Illinois, if the Cavaliers or Phantom aren’t at their own shows, people aren’t showing up.  In fact, the only reason I went to the aforementioned Lisle show sans the Cavaliers, was that my kid was there with the Scouts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Liahona said:

<rant>

Oh that's right...they are "the show" and that's the ONLY reason why anyone would want to attend that show...Gosh forbid that the Cadets won't be in attendance...Crown didn't attend their home show either for a few years and it didn't AFFECT attendance one bit...

I attend this show every year REGARDLESS of the corps that perform at it...get over your elitist attitude dude...it was this mentality that almost ruined the activity just a few short years ago.

</rant>

well um no. they're kinda a huge deal locally. and as a result, many folks will turn out just to see them because of it

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

this is drum corps. don't use logic

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well um no. they're kinda a huge deal locally. and as a result, many folks will turn out just to see them because of it

SAD!

but ok fine...