Cadets 2018

Full statement of Sean King: (on YEA! website)

Greetings! My name is Sean King and I am the interim CEO for Youth Education in the Arts. It has been an honor and pleasure to serve the YEA! organization in a number of capacities over the past several years.

At this critical time for the future of the organization, we pray for the healing of all of those who have been affected but understand a great deal of work has to be done to rebuild the trust with all of those who have seen The Cadets, Cadets2 and USBands as an embodiment of magnificence.

Our commitment moving forward as an organization will be focused on two important themes: Safety and Stability.

The safety of our young people will be paramount in everything we do through accountability of the adults in their interactions with students. Additionally, we will prioritize advancements in the YEA! workplace environment for all of those who support the programs, events and initiatives of our organization.

We will be convening a task force to present actionable initiatives within 30 days for implementation by the Board and Staff including new policies, training and advocacy.

Next to the safety of our most precious resource, the stability of the organization is most vital to our mission. Stability is manifested in a number of ways beyond just the services we provide, the funds we raise but also the partnerships we develop and the relationships we cherish. 

We will be there at our first Cadets appearance this summer and the final USBands Championship performance this fall. We will be there!

At this time, I am pleased to introduce the new Director of The Cadets, Rich Hammond and the Director of Cadets2Rich Templin.

Both of these men have taken on the responsibility to continue the legacy of excellence we have all been inspired and amazed by through the years. Their charge will be to create and manage a positive educational experience in a safe environment. We welcome back Rich Hammond and Rich Templin to leadership roles with our great summer ensembles.

I will leave you with an inspirational message from Drew Shanefield, Cadets alumnus and member of the 2018 Design Team about this year’s corps:

“You know... we are going to be a most excellent corps.  Without hesitation.

Speaking for the design team, we are 100% "in".  This is going to be meaningful, joyous, difficult, aggravating, exhilarating, memorable and awfully great.”

We hope out of this chapter comes a new day for the organization. A day that is educational, inspirational and safe for the students, employees, volunteers and all others who are dedicated to creating magnificent young people through their participation in the arts.

sean.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

This gives me goosebumps.  Honestly, drum corps is not a perfect organization.  But it is statements like THIS that remind me why I am such a fan of the activity!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Now that they are free of the genius designer that came up with backflip Jesus I’m hopeful the corps can have a terrific 2018 with a top five finish! Go Cadets! 

No more Oprah tarps! No more hackneyed Ira Glass homages! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Full statement of Sean King: (on YEA! website)

Greetings! My name is Sean King and I am the interim CEO for Youth Education in the Arts. It has been an honor and pleasure to serve the YEA! organization in a number of capacities over the past several years.

At this critical time for the future of the organization, we pray for the healing of all of those who have been affected but understand a great deal of work has to be done to rebuild the trust with all of those who have seen The Cadets, Cadets2 and USBands as an embodiment of magnificence.

Our commitment moving forward as an organization will be focused on two important themes: Safety and Stability.

The safety of our young people will be paramount in everything we do through accountability of the adults in their interactions with students. Additionally, we will prioritize advancements in the YEA! workplace environment for all of those who support the programs, events and initiatives of our organization.

We will be convening a task force to present actionable initiatives within 30 days for implementation by the Board and Staff including new policies, training and advocacy.

Next to the safety of our most precious resource, the stability of the organization is most vital to our mission. Stability is manifested in a number of ways beyond just the services we provide, the funds we raise but also the partnerships we develop and the relationships we cherish. 

We will be there at our first Cadets appearance this summer and the final USBands Championship performance this fall. We will be there!

At this time, I am pleased to introduce the new Director of The Cadets, Rich Hammond and the Director of Cadets2Rich Templin.

Both of these men have taken on the responsibility to continue the legacy of excellence we have all been inspired and amazed by through the years. Their charge will be to create and manage a positive educational experience in a safe environment. We welcome back Rich Hammond and Rich Templin to leadership roles with our great summer ensembles.

I will leave you with an inspirational message from Drew Shanefield, Cadets alumnus and member of the 2018 Design Team about this year’s corps:

“You know... we are going to be a most excellent corps.  Without hesitation.

Speaking for the design team, we are 100% "in".  This is going to be meaningful, joyous, difficult, aggravating, exhilarating, memorable and awfully great.”

We hope out of this chapter comes a new day for the organization. A day that is educational, inspirational and safe for the students, employees, volunteers and all others who are dedicated to creating magnificent young people through their participation in the arts.

sean.png

Now is the time for healing. Now is the time to move forward and give the 2018 Cadets an absolutely FANTASTIC season. Looking forward what they present and I wish them all success this season.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Now is the time for healing. Now is the time to move forward and give the 2018 Cadets an absolutely FANTASTIC season. Looking forward what they present and I wish them all success this season.

Agreed.  I cannot wait to cheer these kids on.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Agree.  Best wishes to the current Cadet members as they proceed through this difficult time. I have a former student who is in his second season with the corps. He is hard at work this weekend with the corps.

FHNSAB

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Agree.  Best wishes to the current Cadet members as they proceed through this difficult time. I have a former student who is in his second season with the corps. He is hard at work this weekend with the corps.

FHNSAB

And we are back to full agreement again!

hope the members have a terrific 2018 and I can’t wait to cheer them on 

• Like 4

Sean King will be an amazing CEO for YEA and The Cadets.  He is one of the best and hardest working persons in Drum Corps.  Sean is honest and has high character and integrity and has amazing relationships and trust with the sponsors donors and peers.  The organization is in great hands with Sean in charge.  People will rally around him and this organization and YEA will grow to be better for it. I have known Sean for a long time and they are lucky to have him.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ebo said:

Sean King will be an amazing CEO for YEA and The Cadets.  He is one of the best and hardest working persons in Drum Corps.  Sean is honest and has high character and integrity and has amazing relationships and trust with the sponsors donors and peers.  The organization is in great hands with Sean in charge.  People will rally around him and this organization and YEA will grow to be better for it. I have known Sean for a long time and they are lucky to have him.  

I only know him from USSBA competitions with the band I work with, for many years. He is indeed a great choice for YEA. 

• Like 3