Cadets 2018

Don't post here often anymore but possibly my final post. Regardless of the public's opinion of our now gone organization leader, his actions will not change what or who we are. We are Cadets through and through. We will go on for countless years to come. Congratulations to our new YEA CEO Sean King. Let's have another wonderful year.

LSTTV

FHNSAB

• Like 5

Sean's letter is what the BOD statement should have been. He gives me some hope that things will be ok after the dust settles. 

But you know what? karma is real, folks

• Like 1

Now that Mr. Hopkins has stepped down, I was thinking about their show theme this year.  

In the other thread, it was mentioned that this show theme is terribly inappropriate considering what was going on... 

But, the more I think about, the emotional weight of the situation coupled with a resounding conscious rejection of the concept explored in the title... this show could be the vehicle that the organization uses to heal and move on from this.   

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MikeD said:

I only know him from USSBA competitions with the band I work with, for many years. He is indeed a great choice for YEA. 

I hear that, Mike... of all the people I had a chance to work with or interact with at YEA over the years, he tops the list. A very good man.

12 hours ago, ebo said:

Sean King will be an amazing CEO for YEA and The Cadets.  He is one of the best and hardest working persons in Drum Corps.  Sean is honest and has high character and integrity and has amazing relationships and trust with the sponsors donors and peers.  The organization is in great hands with Sean in charge.  People will rally around him and this organization and YEA will grow to be better for it. I have known Sean for a long time and they are lucky to have him.  

edit: I just realized that I had Sean King mixed up with someone else at yea. my bad.

Sorry about that.

Disregard my post

Edited by Liahona
mistake
  • Like 2

just returned home from serious surgery...Feels like I walked into a bad dream...will always support the mm"s in spite of GH..stay strong ..peace!

• Like 3

I found DCI later in life (about age out time) and never marched. But all of my first favorite shows were the Cadets in the 90s - speed and crazy drill and great music. I’ve always had a soft spot for this corps, in spite of some “unusual” program choices over the years. And every few years they have a show that I still love. But always, I’m a fan. Now, I can’t wait to pull for a great show for these kids this year!  

With that said, there has been much discussion about this year, with everything ranging from the full corps having a great year, to a mass exodus of MMs. Has anyone heard how this weekends camp is going? I don’t follow Reddit or anything else, so I am curious. I think this weekend is a very big deal for the organization and the kids. Thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr.Mickey said:

I found DCI later in life (about age out time) and never marched. But all of my first favorite shows were the Cadets in the 90s - speed and crazy drill and great music. I’ve always had a soft spot for this corps, in spite of some “unusual” program choices over the years. And every few years they have a show that I still love. But always, I’m a fan. Now, I can’t wait to pull for a great show for these kids this year!  

With that said, there has been much discussion about this year, with everything ranging from the full corps having a great year, to a mass exodus of MMs. Has anyone heard how this weekends camp is going? I don’t follow Reddit or anything else, so I am curious. I think this weekend is a very big deal for the organization and the kids. Thanks!

The impression I got from Reddit was that if Hopkins was still there, there were gonna be problems.  Now that he's gone, I think they'll probably be way better off for attendance.  

• Like 1