Cadets 2018

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I can definitely see the show title changing (even the former director said 2 months ago that it was a working title and thus was subject to change), but at this point it might be too late to cut Sound of Silence from the show considering it's such a critical part of the show and that the corps has been rehearsing it for the past several months.

Crazier show changes have happened, though (sometimes to eventual success), so we'll see.

plus i believe for licensing, DCI wants stuff in place by 4/1.

34 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm anxious for a camp report.

"Anxious" or "Eager" .... or maybe both?

On 4/7/2018 at 10:51 AM, Dr.Mickey said:

I found DCI later in life (about age out time) and never marched. But all of my first favorite shows were the Cadets in the 90s - speed and crazy drill and great music. I’ve always had a soft spot for this corps, in spite of some “unusual” program choices over the years. And every few years they have a show that I still love. But always, I’m a fan. Now, I can’t wait to pull for a great show for these kids this year!  

With that said, there has been much discussion about this year, with everything ranging from the full corps having a great year, to a mass exodus of MMs. Has anyone heard how this weekends camp is going? I don’t follow Reddit or anything else, so I am curious. I think this weekend is a very big deal for the organization and the kids. Thanks!

Dr. Mickey, I'm with you as to my first exposure to drum corps, and also to my level of involvement, and also to my attitude toward the recent trends in show design. However, I'm HOPING Cadets field a corps this year, and if they do, I will be in line to buy tickets to finals, just to cheer them on !

• Like 1

Happy to announce that I'll be back with The Cadets this year once again as part of their media team! After only spending half of the season with them last year I'm excited to be with them for the whole summer this time around. Like last season, I'll try to keep up a Flickr gallery of show photos. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5