Cadets 2018

8 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Back from camp.  Happy to see the usual numbers of brass players (there do not appear to have been any withdrawals brought to my son's attention).

At least one board member was present Friday evening to speak individually with parents.  The new Director of Cadets was there most of the weekend.

And I heard that one of the nine women from the article was also on hand for a brief time on Saturday, I imagine to show her support for the corps whose uniform she wore.

That is a fantastic report! Thank you! Let  the healing begin! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Back from camp.  Happy to see the usual numbers of brass players (there do not appear to have been any withdrawals brought to my son's attention).

At least one board member was present Friday evening to speak individually with parents.  The new Director of Cadets was there most of the weekend.

And I heard that one of the nine women from the article was also on hand for a brief time on Saturday, I imagine to show her support for the corps whose uniform she wore.

Wonderful! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Wow.  That must have been powerful.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I can't tell you how happy I am to read your words, and to have them be the gloriously reaffirming ones they are.

I'm so glad for those kids.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

Wow. Really appreciate the report and it sounds like it went very well. Having a board member present as well as one of the victims is a powerful statement. So is all the members showing up and believing in their corps 

• Like 3

I have just seen a camp video and I must proclaim, through my tears, that

THIS CORPS IS GOING TO SURVIVE

Stronger, deeper, the same Cadets tradition, and better.

My tears are now turning to tears of joy.

You should see those kids!

If trying times make stout characters, these kids are tough little nuggets.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'll add my "wow" to this as well.  Having one of the nine there on hand to talk must have been sobering and inspiring all at once.  

Sounds like they're going to get it together.   

Now ... about that board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

I'll add my "wow" to this as well.  Having one of the nine there on hand to talk must have been sobering and inspiring all at once.  

Sounds like they're going to get it together.   

Now ... about that board.

To clarify, she didn't talk, nor was she introduced as far as I know.  Just showed up to watch during visual block on Saturday.

• Like 2

Just now, Eleran said:

To clarify, she didn't talk, nor was she introduced as far as I know.  Just showed up to watch during visual block on Saturday.

Ah. Perhaps at her own decision.  It had to be tough to come there.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It had to be tough to come there.  

Why ?  It would seem to me that its far more likely now that its far more easier and more comfortable for her to go there now than it has been in perhaps decades for her. GH is now gone, and reportedly only one of his hand picked Board members was there this weekend. She's always said she's a Cadet thru and thru, and loves her former Corps... and I would have to think and hope... they'd welcome her there as well there.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1