Cadets 2018

8 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Doubtful. America's attention span is pretty short and the media's is much shorter. 

I don't disagree about America's attention span.

That's why I said it depends on how this story evolves.

If the Inquirer doesn't come out with more articles,or if nothing comes out about other corps, it may  fade over time.

But . . . 

13 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I don't disagree about America's attention span.

That's why I said it depends on how this story evolves.

If the Inquirer doesn't come out with more articles,or if nothing comes out about other corps, it may  fade over time.

But . . . 

But,  reporters are asking for more stories, which any follow up comments to that should probably be tossed over to the other thread where it's been an active part of the discussion. To save the mods the trouble. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rmm155 said:

But,  reporters are asking for more stories, which any follow up comments to that should probably be tossed over to the other thread where it's been an active part of the discussion. To save the mods the trouble. 

Hence my "But . . ." .

I don't think is going away any time soon.

My posts on this thread have only dealt with the corps,and their  potentially having to deal with this on tour.

Any comments I have on the whole GH  issue I have/will post on the other thread.

Edited by rpbobcat

57 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Wasn't sure which thread to put this on.

A question and a comment.

For those who were at last weekend's camp,were there any reporters there ?

One thing the Cadets and Cadets2  are going to have deal  with , is media attention,especially at "home" shows in Pa. where either corps performs.

Depending on how this story evolves,there could be a lot of media at both rehearsals and shows.

If they haven't already,the Cadets and Cadets 2 really need to put a policy in place on corps members and staff dealing with the media.

I would suggest  that each corps  designate 1-2 representatives to handle media questions.

Again,as has been suggested previously,they need some type of P.R. firm who knows how to deal with this.

I doubt most MM's have any experience dealing with the press and don't realize how, what may be to them,an innocent comment, can become a media firestorm.

I would also think all corps need to  be prepared to deal with the media this season.

a PR firm has been hired. I expect much training on this to come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eleran said:

The arrangement is by Drew Shanefield, and was first distributed to potential Cadets/C2 members before the first audition camp of the 2017 season (i.e. Nov. 2016).

It is gorgeous. Congrats to Drew and the marching members.

FHNSAB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Wasn't sure which thread to put this on.

A question and a comment.

For those who were at last weekend's camp,were there any reporters there ?

One thing the Cadets and Cadets2  are going to have deal  with , is media attention,especially at "home" shows in Pa. where either corps performs.

Depending on how this story evolves,there could be a lot of media at both rehearsals and shows.

If they haven't already,the Cadets and Cadets 2 really need to put a policy in place on corps members and staff dealing with the media.

I would suggest  that each corps  designate 1-2 representatives to handle media questions.

Again,as has been suggested previously,they need some type of P.R. firm who knows how to deal with this.

I doubt most MM's have any experience dealing with the press and don't realize how, what may be to them,an innocent comment, can become a media firestorm.

I would also think all corps need to  be prepared to deal with the media this season.

Excellent point. The MM's...and staff...need to be educated on exactly how to respond if and when asked about this issue. I'm sure the PR agency has people who can do just that. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MikeD said:

Excellent point. The MM's...and staff...need to be educated on exactly how to respond if and when asked about this issue. I'm sure the PR agency has people who can do just that. 

Are there corps who require the mm to refer any questions to a non mm staff person?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Who is running the guard caption, now? I just saw on FB that Kristy is gone. I know that George's daughter left the corps after last season (I can't begin to imagine how she's affected by all this). 

They are locking this up and announcing soon. Expect a name from their history imo, just a hunch 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They are locking this up and announcing soon. Expect a name from their history imo, just a hunch 

Is it true that Poppycock is being considered?

• Haha 2