Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Looking forward to some more good news coming out of there.

This is what is needed right now. Thanks for sharing.

This morning, at the gym at 4:30am, I listened to your 2000 show again, Tek, for the 100th + time.

I know you.  I know that show.  It was one of two dozen that Cadets have used to ###### my soul.  I know it by heart.

You are my Bro, bro.  Thanks to you.

g

On 4/23/2018 at 6:56 PM, Eleran said:

Don't know when they'll announce, but I can tell you that Cadets will be playing some new music this weekend at camp that to my mind is superior musically to the Sound of Silenceand is much more likely to appeal to the younger generations than a rehashed early 60's folk rock song.  Can't wait to hear Drew Shanefield's arrangement.

As someone who suggested more than three weeks ago that Cadets should replace "The Sound of Silence", obviously I think this is the right move. I look forward to whatever is replacing it!

But it's a very good song, and it's not like the most popular or successful drum corps shows of recent years have leaned heavily on music that appeals to "the younger generations".

6 hours ago, Tim K said:

This could be disappointing for drum corps fans on the west coast that will not see the Cadets, but it make financial sense. If they appear in, as the post says “nearly the same number of shows” that means about the same amount in performance fees. If they replace the west coast with New England, most likely that would mean more revenue from July 4th parades since there are so many parades in the area. It also cuts the expense of travel which given what could be potential financial challenges, especially anything unforeseen,  is wise.

and possibly repairs some damaged ties in the home region

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigW said:

From who I spoke with Saturday, George, a lot of things are going to be put into place structurally that should have already been there. When everything finally gets going- it'll make things a lot better for everyone in just about every way possible. They have good dedicated people there with the knowledge to make things right being turned loose.

I think they were really excited about people showing up. I know it was said this was a great thing to do and were amazed. The transparency so far really has made a difference in so many ways from what I observed.

i would have loved to pop in, but i had to judge today and yesterday, so i wasn't able to get down there.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i would have loved to pop in, but i had to judge today and yesterday, so i wasn't able to get down there.

Thought I'd maybe see you, too. :satisfied: Met someone who knows you, actually, very nice former MAHS Front Ensemble player. Not many Degrees of Separation/Bacon Index in this activity. I hope I made some new friends and contacts in the activity. I was worried about fitting in (I always do, it's a foible of mine), but everyone involved with both corps was very welcoming and it was appreciated.

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I would love it if The Cadets were rescheduled into the Mason, Ohio show 6/25. Only five corps are there now.  It’s not a bad drive from Akron to Mason and it’s much farther to Michigan City.  Crossing my fingers...

Unless something has changed, there are 8 groups there. I just checked dci.org and it shows 8 corps in the lineup. You can only see 5 but once you hit the expand lineup tab the rest of the groups show up.

Z

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeZ said:

Unless something has changed, there are 8 groups there. I just checked dci.org and it shows 8 corps in the lineup. You can only see 5 but once you hit the expand lineup tab the rest of the groups show up.

Z

I’m still lobbying for The Cadets.  I’ll lead the standing O when they come onto the field. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I would love it if The Cadets were rescheduled into the Mason, Ohio show 6/25. Only five corps are there now.  It’s not a bad drive from Akron to Mason and it’s much farther to Michigan City.  Crossing my fingers...

I’m assuming early New England shows will be scheduled in their tour. Since I believe the more, the merrier as far as shows are concerned, adding another corps to the shows I attend suits me fine. For the sake of the kids, I would like to see them included in the tour premiere that is broadcast in the cinemas, and my guess is many who post on DCP would agree, but with the way things are perceived, it could also open a can of worms. You’d  have the range of you’re punishing the kids because the former director is a predator to how can you let a corps on probation be on center stage.

• Like 1