Cadets 2018

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

I’m assuming early New England shows will be scheduled in their tour. Since I believe the more, the merrier as far as shows are concerned, adding another corps to the shows I attend suits me fine. For the sake of the kids, I would like to see them included in the tour premiere that is broadcast in the cinemas, and my guess is many who post on DCP would agree, but with the way things are perceived, it could also open a can of worms. You’d  have the range of you’re punishing the kids because the former director is a predator to how can you let a corps on probation be on center stage.

You’re right.  You can’t please everyone but these are special circumstances and uncharted waters.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

Does the corps being on probation affect whether the mm can apply for the scholarships DCI gives each year?

I would certainly hope not. '

• Thanks 1

https://www.dci.org/news/cadets-to-forgo-west-coast-portion-of-2018-tour

Understandable. Best of luck to The Cadets. I really wanted to see them out west but under the circumstances they need to re-organize for the future. 

Sorry, I completely understand the need to save funds - no argument on that one, but to say the members will have a better experience by NOT coming to the West Coast is rude.  The West Coast would have welcomed them with open arms and given them an amazing experience.  Just a little disappointed they chose to use that language.

26 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Sorry, I completely understand the need to save funds - no argument on that one, but to say the members will have a better experience by NOT coming to the West Coast is rude.  The West Coast would have welcomed them with open arms and given them an amazing experience.  Just a little disappointed they chose to use that language.

I think you're overreacting to what was stated and ascribing a particular negative intent where there really isn't any.

31 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

They will have a better experience by not going west and getting stranded....

Just now, c mor said:

They will have a better experience by not going west and getting stranded....

Now THAT makes sense!  If it's about being stranded, we certainly don't want that!  I guess it's just the way it was worded.  Every area, every venue is a unique experience in and of itself.  :)

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

For the sake of the kids, I would like to see them included in the tour premiere that is broadcast in the cinemas, and my guess is many who post on DCP would agree, but with the way things are perceived, it could also open a can of worms. You’d  have the range of you’re punishing the kids because the former director is a predator to how can you let a corps on probation be on center stage.

The problem with trying to add the Cadets to the Tour Premiere would be the timing of the show,primarily the Fathom broadcast.

With it being indoors,you can pretty much "lock down" its running time,so theaters can schedule after it.

Adding another corps not only increases the length of the show itself,but requires the announcers to spend time to address the "elephant in the room" in detail.

I would think that,now that they won't be on the West coast, the Cadets will now appear at their July 5 show.

• Like 1