Cadets 2018

49 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

As Brian Tuma just wonderfully said:

"Let’s keep this on topic. I feel this thread should be about Cadet’s 2018 program and the wonderful, talented young adults who will be entertaining us this Summer."

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I will put this here also since it is getting buried in the issue thread and is pertinent to the 2018 Cadets

That was a very frank, emotional, and uplifting talk that Doug Rutherford gave.  I especially liked how he said they are NOT looking for a replacement for George Hopkins, and that the role will be different going forward.  With people like that running things now, I am very optimistic for Cadets 2018!

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2018 at 5:45 AM, JohnZ said:

off topic conversation removed.

I know it will be difficult to separate one from the other, but conversation in this thread needs to be reserved for the production and members of the 2018 Cadets - they deserve a discussion of their own.

all conversation relating to the unfortunate breaking news will occur in the other more appropriate discussion thread.

any such posts here need to be reported to the moderating team.

thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

I think the staff and MMs will push harder and stand taller this year - it will be an epic year for them.  JMO

Reminder

So, back to the 2018 Cadets...

I keep hearing announcements coming soon regarding additional staffing changes, show revision etc

I'm sure they want to confirm/check everything, line up copyright etc so that's locked down prior to any announcements

Wonder if anyone knows a time frame for the rep announcement etc?

ST is 3 weeks away, so I assume in the ne

Are they still using the uniform/costume design? Prop still being used? (never fully understood the prop)?

How did guard tryouts go? Guard full? 

I'm thinking they will do all these announcements over the next 2 weeks or so?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2018 at 8:23 AM, MotoSurfBass said:

I believe the old board had nominated Rich Hammond at first, but since they resigned the new board is probably reviewing if they want Rich as the guy or somebody else...

I don't think the board nominates a corps director. That is not the role of a board. From what I understand Rich Hammond stepped up as a willing party, but the acting CEO would have named the corps director. Now obviously if the board objected to the candidate some type of debate would ensue. But in the few days between GH resigning and the new board coming in, I highly doubt that the old board would have had either the time or deemed it appropriate to register any objections even if they had any.

45 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So, back to the 2018 Cadets...

I keep hearing announcements coming soon regarding additional staffing changes, show revision etc

I'm sure they want to confirm/check everything, line up copyright etc so that's locked down prior to any announcements

Wonder if anyone knows a time frame for the rep announcement etc?

ST is 3 weeks away, so I assume in the ne

Are they still using the uniform/costume design? Prop still being used? (never fully understood the prop)?

How did guard tryouts go? Guard full? 

I'm thinking they will do all these announcements over the next 2 weeks or so?

I do know that the guard tryouts went very well. There were 50 people trying out for 10 spots...staff was very pleased!

• Like 1

I am curious; with the change in touring by dropping the west coast, are Cadets able to fill shows to replace what has dropped, with eastern shows?  I know they are doing Boston's first show on July 1.  Have they been able to get into others. I have to believe with what has transpired and how they must be scrambling, that these kids will get rousing support wherever they perform.  And that means show sponsor support as well.  Is DCI helping out in anyway with that?

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I am curious; with the change in touring by dropping the west coast, are Cadets able to fill shows to replace what has dropped, with eastern shows?  I know they are doing Boston's first show on July 1.  Have they been able to get into others. I have to believe with what has transpired and how they must be scrambling, that these kids will get rousing support wherever they perform.  And that means show sponsor support as well.  Is DCI helping out in anyway with that?

I wondered the same thing myself. I'll be going to CrownBEAT this year, and they weren't originally on the schedule. But I looked a few days ago and they had added the Cadets, so I'm assuming yes, mostly.

16 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The full adjusted tour is on dci.org

https://www.dci.org/events?corpId=001j000000I6KFgAAN&limit=10&viewMode=list&sort=startDate

• Thanks 1