Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Nicely put, Bluecoats.

companyfront2014_brass_hornline_banner-8

•  

Following a change in their 2018 Summer Tour schedule, we’re excited to welcome The Cadets to the lineup of both Innovations In Brass: Akron and Innovations In Brass: Pittsburgh!

One of drum corps’ most decorated ensembles, the Cadets will perform for two of 2018’s most excited crowds in Akron, OH on Saturday, June 23rd, and in Pittsburgh, PA on Thursday, June 28th. We’re glad to have them back in our lineup, and we’re looking forward to the competition this June.

I'll be even MORE glad when they're actually in that uniform again. I know, wishful thinking, but still.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'll be even MORE glad when they're actually in that uniform again. I know, wishful thinking, but still.

Agreed.....I’ll never stop loving drum corps, but the spandex trend is not a favorite of mine at all.....

....#### it, I just became an old geezer...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, fireshane1 said:

Agreed.....I’ll never stop loving drum corps, but the spandex trend is not a favorite of mine at all.....

....#### it, I just became an old geezer...

Had a talk about some of it with a recent corps member. They uniform manufacturers are still having trouble getting the design structure right for a lot of the aspects of the uniforms. They want unis that can move with the performer and not rip or fall apart... and still look good. It may take awhile for this to sort out.

On that tangent... Broken Arrow's unis last year were pretty snazzy IMHO and I think filled the bill. Take a look at those once. :satisfied:

Edited by BigW

On 5/8/2018 at 12:59 PM, Fran Haring said:

If we told you, we'd have to kill you. :tongue:

Seriously... if it's the person I think it is, it's a great choice.  Well-respected, well-known, and a proven leader.

Very much so. People will be happy.

12 minutes ago, BigW said:

Had a talk about some of it with a recent corps member. They uniform manufacturers are still having trouble getting the design structure right for a lot of the aspects of the uniforms. They want unis that can move with the performer and not rip or fall apart... and still look good. It may take awhile for this to sort out.

On that tangent... Broken Arrow's unis last year were pretty snazzy IMHO and I think filled the bill. Take a look at those once. :satisfied:

I saw those uniforms...no thank you.

13 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

I saw those uniforms...no thank you.

They sparked a lot of discussion both positive or negative. I think they were better than a couple of offerings in DCI last season. Maybe that's not saying much....

2 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Kids in my corps sure liked theirs.  And the first time they got to put them in a backpack instead of a garment bag, I thought they were pretty neat too.

Mike

I'm certain transportability and cleaning are also big deals now. Especially the cost of cleaning x numbers of unis x number of times on tour. I just have a hunch this is one of those things that will take more time to sort out to get the 'look' right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lead said:

Very much so. People will be happy.

Eventually, when it's finally public and the teasing commentary is passed.  =) 

• Haha 1