Cadets 2018

5 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Scott Litzenberg is the new director of The Cadets.

The 2018 program is now called "The Unity Project."

Both very cool

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

He was the timpanist for the Cadets original award winning 1983 show 

Well at least this round no one can say that he was never a cadet...good move...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Is this fact or are you assuming it'll be today? Not being snarky, just curious so I check back later.

I guess you know the answer to that question now. No snark inferred!

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Boy, will it.  LOL.

Congratulations to Scott!!!  if anyone can do this job under the current circumstances,  it's him. A great choice.

Scott is a first class individual and is a first class selection to guide the organization into the next era. While there is still much work to be done... it appears the dark clouds are now giving way to give us glimpse of the promise the future holds for Cadets and YEA. The new board, on the job for exactly one month today, have certainly being executing at a very high level.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

Scott is well known to you already by face.

He was the timpanist for the Cadets original award winning 1983 show and also played the Church bells he borrowed from a convent in Sparkhill, N.Y.

He has been the Director of the Crossmen before they moved from Philadelphia.

He has been a DCI show coordinator and field team on the East Coast, Mid-East and championships.

He has been a public high school band director.

Married to Mary, (a Crossmen alum) his daughter marched drum corps as well.

Great  gentlemen. The right person at the right time.

My prayers and best wishes for success are with him.

I think from this point on, I need to consult with you for Cadets history.

4 hours ago, chaddyt said:

#### YES, CADETS!

#### YES.

2 hours ago, FTNK said:

Well! Exciting stuff. 

Definitely agree. Glad to see some positivity for a change.

• Like 2

Sweet!  Glad they changed the name of the show along with the new corps director & artistic director.  

I can't wait to see this new age of Cadets.

Am I the only one that reads 

“follows a trajectory and evolution from disjunction to cohesion, through the synergy of design and performers coming together--from the seemingly unrelated juxtaposition of visual and sound to the exquisite coordination of power and passion.

and thinks It Is Crowns show last year backwards?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I really do not know who he is, but I'm hoping he rights the ship. 

here's a clue on what to expect...when he took over Crossmen, they were hurting as an organization big time. he got them back into finals, and better footing ( until right before they became part of YEA). He's known with all of his work on the contest administration side, and he's alum, knowing how much that means in Cadets mindset.

9 hours ago, BigW said:

Scott's a wonderful guy. Cadets Tymp player circa 1982/83/84. Incredibly good and insanely sublime tymp player.  Has a solid HS program in the area near West Chester. Always treats people with respect and kindness. Trusts people to do what they do. Honored to call him a Kappa Kappa Psi brother. He'll get the ship righted. I sense there will be a very positive vibe there as time goes on.

For Fran, IIRC I mentioned him some time ago in a discussion as the total antithesis to Rickie Lee. For anyone curious... in this situation this is a GOOD thing. :innocent:

but Scott was never Superman LOL