Cadets 2018

16 minutes ago, xandandl said:
  16 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Funny enough, they were actually their highest placing performance caption last season.

and Sam was the one doing most of the work and direction.

He's also the faculty liaison and coordinator for the summer as well.

I like his work. He'll do good with them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tommeee said:

What I don't understand is the way Cadets percussion has been STAGED over the past several years.  This is going back to when Jeff was still writing the drill.  Beginning in 2014, and just getting worse from there.  When you have the drumline they had, WHY would they be staged in the BACK of the field??  This even happened during features.  I'm hoping it's better this year.

When you have a line being instructed by McNutt or Aungst, they should be prominently featured.  Please.  And thank you.  :) 

I almost posted the same thing. That was my take especially last year, when I saw them live.

I believe the strong personalities of the (ex)guard staff had a lot to do with this......

Edited by DCI-86

14 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I believe the strong personalities of the (ex)guard staff had a lot to do with this......

Had a lot to do with what?  Sorry, it just wasn't exactly clear what you were commenting on, since it wasn't quoted.

23 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Had a lot to do with what?  Sorry, it just wasn't exactly clear what you were commenting on, since it wasn't quoted.

Poor percussion staging.....

2 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Poor percussion staging.....

Yes, as ridiculous as that may sound to some people, the former guard caption supervisor DID have something to do with the poor percussion staging.  Both directly AND indirectly.

Also, while on the topic of the former guard caption supervisor, I get the sense that her old-school teaching approach doesn't work as well in today's world.  I'm anxious to see how things change this year.