Cadets 2018

5 hours ago, candymancan said:

Actually she is great at what she does.  I really do not believe she had anything to do with the percussion staging at all.  I am still a believer that the biggest issue with just about everything that occurred at Cadets is gone.  It's a shame that she got caught up in all of this stuff.  I believe she is actually very good at her job.

The tv show didn’t help. Yeah she can come off as harsh. But I’ve seen her with kids going through some really rough times and she was amazing with them, especially when a student in the band program took his life a few years ago. The compassion and actions she displayed are not the public perception of her and that’s a #### shame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The source music actually ends with a brief epilogue with a very quiet finish after the rousing parts... drill condensing down into the “prayer block” would be a fitting ending given the circumstances and the show theme 

Bobby if you’re reading here’s a genius idea... especially since I’m tired of company front endings lol 

57 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Bobby if you’re reading here’s a genius idea... especially since I’m tired of company front endings lol 

here's Ballet Sacra - the portion used by the 93 Cadets - lends itself to a rousing finish ala Cadets most successful years

AND at the end - the very quiet 30 second or so epilogue that could be the corps folding down into a prayer block to end the program after an applause hold:

Cadets 1993 version - that GUARD was unreal 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I agree! 

Hope you have been doing alright!

Hey buddy!! I've great! I hope you're doing well also. 

When was the last great Cadets' guard moment? 2014 opener with the blue flags comes to mind. Everything since has been mostly forgettable. Although, the closer last year was a pretty big moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

When was the last great Cadets' guard moment? 2014 opener with the blue flags comes to mind. Everything since has been mostly forgettable. Although, the closer last year was a pretty big moment.

IMO, 1996...When the horns had that run (honorable mention to Cadets 1997 at the end of the opener). 

30 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

IMO, 1996...When the horns had that run (honorable mention to Cadets 1997 at the end of the opener). 

Those are like DCI all time greatest guard moments haha

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

The 2012 opener flag solo was cool also

but  agree, they deserve a couple moments!

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

The 2012 opener flag solo was cool also

but  agree, they deserve a couple moments!

Was just about to say that one!