Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

And now filling the time previously occupied by "Hoptalks" is....???

My guess-

"You worked hard today, we got a lot done, keep it up. Now relax, wash up, have some chow, and get ready to be great tonight."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Agreed. That overhang makes it LOUD. Chester and Allentown are a couple days apart (so they're easily comparable) and I couldn't believe the sound difference

+1 on that. I've been going to Allentown since the mid-80's, and just recently started going down early for the Chester show the last 2 years. At first I thought, that corps sounded better the other night. The I realized that it was the stadium. Great sound. And there's something cool about the huge bridge looming over the stands and the sea air. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlenI said:

+1 on that. I've been going to Allentown since the mid-80's, and just recently started going down early for the Chester show the last 2 years. At first I thought, that corps sounded better the other night. The I realized that it was the stadium. Great sound. And there's something cool about the huge bridge looming over the stands and the sea air. 

dirty river air*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dear Cadets Family,

I've been associated with the corps since the 1991 season, and was a huge fan as a teen when I saw Doug conduct a show that didn't just transform drum corps, nor just transcended the drum corps idiom, but transformed and transcended every individual on the field and in the stands to create a timeless experience of grace and beauty and community. 

That incredible people like Doug and Scott are at the helm with Tom and Drew and so many amazing others, all gives me not just hope, but knowledge, absolute certainty, that something special is happening. Something beautiful, and for the ages.

As I posted on this forum a few times in the last couple years (including calling publicly for a resignation multiple times), that once a change of the guard occurs, the Cadets community would come together like never before, and that alumni and friends would come forth to support the corps and carry it forward into a new era of unity and excellence.

It's happening.

The Cadets have weathered the era of "me" and have again become "We". And a larger, more inclusive and united "We" than ever before. 

Like the finale of 1987, we dissolved into chaos, scattered and confused, but then came together into a Unity that embraces everyone from 1934 to 2018 and beyond. 

I am so jealous of all you members right now. I feel what you feel. With every push-up and every warm-up, with every scale, drop of sweat, split lip, teary eye, pulled muscle, run-through, we all are with you. And more - with every hug, pat on the back, smile, cheer, and song, and with every single expression of the love and community and creativity and solidarity that has made The Cadets the oldest, greatest, most innovative, most accomplished organization in all of Drum Corps - the marching members Unite everyone in the Cadets family, and everyone in Drum Corps.

This is the Cadets year. This is your year. 

We are all so jealous of you, and we are all so united behind and among you.

For Unity Shall Always Be. 

1987 has been my favorite show of all time, and I love so many, from so many corps. I know little about this year's show. I am on the edge of my seat to find out, to see, to feel Unity. Finally, I'm again thrilled for a Cadets season! Like the old Garfield tee shirt: First we zigged, Then everybody zigged....ZAG!

I do know one more thing with all my heart: 2018 is already my favorite Cadets show of all time. 

Thank you to everyone in the Cadets management and staff - all the volunteers, the employees who have sacrificed so much, the new leadership, the old leadership, the United leadership!

Thank you especially to the marching members who, with every step, take the corps forward to experiment, challenge, and create beautiful music and art while creating beautiful people who change every life they touch.  

You've already won gold. All of you.

Now go out and win it every day!

FHNSAB!

FOR UNITY SHALL ALWAYS BE!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

he actually founded Upper Darby's indoor program

thought so. hoping they can build it back up

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

And now filling the time previously occupied by "Hoptalks" is....???

downtime? Rehearsal? meals? sleep? laundry? anything productive?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, GlenI said:

Allentown sounded better before the renovations

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Allentown sounded better before the renovations

Yup

just couldn’t see the corps with the 60w light bulbs on the old telephone poles

but bitd prelims day and finals nights was just an amazing G bugle ear fest 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3