Cadets 2018

23 minutes ago, BigW said:

Funny you mentioned that. I partly joined corps because of a Feature Bari player named John Bender from the Buccaneers. I watched him and I wanted to 'be that guy'. I got to know him later on and he was rather surprised and flattered when I told him that. John passed away from various health complications a couple of years ago- I really, really miss him. Amazing who and how one can reach someone and inspire. :satisfied:

Reminds me of why I joined The Cadets; there was this guy who played mellophone in 1997, and I remember walking near him and his "two" when I was going back to the bus in Surf. He just looked so tall and larger than life in that uniform. And of course, the show they had that year just made me think they were all robots. I wanted to be a robot too.

1 minute ago, BigW said:

If you had the right program, they could be printed out for individual members in the mid-90's IIRC. My guess is if you knew what you were doing you could store them in the cloud for your phone.

It's more a matter of finding that picture. I forgot the guy's name who took it. I had scanned the picture to my old computer back in 2006, but unfortunately, I lost that computer on a deployment, and also lost the physical picture.

• Like 3

Cadets are using Ultimate Drill Book. They have actual dot books but there's also an accompanying app that allows them to see the forms move as well as where they should be for each count. 

Speaking of drill, there’s a brief video of the brass and guard on the instagram account showing them inside earlier today learning drill to the ballad. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoshClements403 said:

Cadets are using Ultimate Drill Book. They have actual dot books but there's also an accompanying app that allows them to see the forms move as well as where they should be for each count. 

I wish we had that when I marched.

33 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Speaking of drill, there’s a brief video of the brass and guard on the instagram account showing them inside earlier today learning drill to the ballad. 

Drill for Ara Batur was finished today. Starting drill for Ballet Sacra within the next few days 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Reminds me of why I joined The Cadets; there was this guy who played mellophone in 1997, and I remember walking near him and his "two" when I was going back to the bus in Surf. He just looked so tall and larger than life in that uniform. And of course, the show they had that year just made me think they were all robots. I wanted to be a robot too.

It's more a matter of finding that picture. I forgot the guy's name who took it. I had scanned the picture to my old computer back in 2006, but unfortunately, I lost that computer on a deployment, and also lost the physical picture.

2000 was the most awe-inspiring Cadets show EVA, in my opinion.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1