Cadets 2018

39 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Fix those skyscraper plumes.

I was not a fan of the mixed color plumes when they were worn by the Black Cadets in 15 and 16. These skyscraper plumes have been worn by other units the past few years especially in BOA circles as well as drum corps. They do not affix well to the headgear; these bushes tend to fall or deflate when the body does anything other than military cadence marching; the resulting obtuse various angles from the shifting makes any visual form appear dirty, undressed (as in dress center, dress) and a neon light for tick cleaning here and here and here. So it was last night at Ada. Though the marchers were fine, the plume angles were not.

Perhaps a better cylinder where the plume staff enters the top of the shako might cement the erect feathers better. Perhaps hair spray on the bottom quarter of the plume might make it stiffer where the pressure is most direct. But do something to assist the great efforts of the mms to march a clean show.

The designers be &%$med; the activity is supposed to be about the mms performing before the audience and judges, not about the self-appointed fashionistas. Especially one who abandoned the corps to show where his allegiance lay this season. DeMoulah should do much, much better. 

I don't really mind the mixed color plumes.  But the plumes most certainly were at different angles, giving a less professional appearance.  They also appeared to "bounce", as if they are mounted to the shako with springs.

And hey, here we are, giving critiques on elements of the uniform.  Just like people are doing in the Crown thread.  I'll take this any day, over criticisms of the show itself, the director, etc...  

Cadets are truly in a good place right now!

Edited by Tommeee
typo fixed

48 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Fix those skyscraper plumes.

I was not a fan of the mixed color plumes when they were worn by the Black Cadets in 15 and 16. These skyscraper plumes have been worn by other units the past few years especially in BOA circles as well as drum corps. They do not affix well to the headgear; these bushes tend to fall or deflate when the body does anything other than military cadence marching; the resulting obtuse various angles from the shifting makes any visual form appear dirty, undressed (as in dress center, dress) and a neon light for tick cleaning here and here and here. So it was last night at Ada. Though the marchers were fine, the plume angles were not.

Perhaps a better cylinder where the plume staff enters the top of the shako might cement the erect feathers better. Perhaps hair spray on the bottom quarter of the plume might make it stiffer where the pressure is most direct. But do something to assist the great efforts of the mms to march a clean show.

The designers be &%$med; the activity is supposed to be about the mms performing before the audience and judges, not about the self-appointed fashionistas. Especially one who abandoned the corps to show where his allegiance lay this season. DeMoulah should do much, much better. 

it was a preseason (first time) shako/plume and shoes run through... so let's give them a chance to troubleshoot.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I don't really mind the mixed color plumes.  But the plumes most certainly were at different angles, giving a less professional appearance.  They also appeared to "bounce", as if they are mounted to the shako with springs.

And hey, here we are, giving critiques on elements of the uniform.  Just like people are doing in the Crown thread.  I'll take this any day, over criticisms of the show itself, the director, etc...  

Cadets are truly in a good place right now!

The "bounce" in the plumes were my absolute favorite part of the Cadets, especially when we were marching fast, marching close quarters, marching in a block (or that rotating block in 1998), or the inverted block we did at the end of 2000. Looking at it from the side, it looked bada## in my opinion lol. But I do get what you all are saying. I laughed my behind off at their calling it skyscraper plumes. :laughing:

• Like 1

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

"I'm angry they aren't wearing shakos"

Group continues to wear them

"They look like crap. Different angles and less professional"

So what do you people want?? :tounge2:

hey, it's DCP....pre-season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Closer is just going on the field. I’ve heard of audio only, really good arrangement. Really good. This brass and drum lines are going places this year. It’s great Cadets are under the radar for a change lol 

I agree Brass and Drums are great.....hoping I am wrong about the guard/visual from the angle of the video.