Cadets 2018

28 minutes ago, xandandl said:

no beef with what you posted first and here. But there are several (4) posters who revert every thread to a rehash of their DCA daze.

yes, we look with anticipation to Cadets appearance on Saturday. The late addition and the pre-intermission performance will but spark more determination to prove the nay-sayers wrong while they awe the rest of us.

there won't be any naysayers after the first big brass hit... 

the way the show opens with the rotating boxes into the big box with the percussion line on the 50 down front - right after the bari solo from 93 (mello in 93) and the mello runs on the 50 -- the entire crowd will be fired up!!

I really want to fly in just to see the debut - might still do that :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

the way the show opens with the rotating boxes into the big box with the percussion line on the 50 down front - right after the bari solo from 93 (mello in 93) and the mello runs on the 50 -- the entire crowd will be fired up!!

Sounds like classic Cadets, George.... with the necessary modern touches.  Just what the doctor ordered!!!

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

the way the show opens a with the rotating boxes into the big box with the percussion line on the 50 down front - right after the bari solo from 93 (mello in 93) and the mello runs on the 50 -- the entire crowd will be fired up!!

I love how the bari soloist does those gymnastic flips across the field from side one to side two front, picks up her horn and perfectly plays her solo in tune, and then gently sets herself down before rejoining the ensemble. Much depth here.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Geez...  didn't get enough sleep or something???  Toothache, perhaps??? LOL

No need for the low-rent snark. You can hit the "report" button anytime you wish if something, or someone, bugs you. 

I won't get snarky and give you detailed instructions as to where to find the "report" function. :laughing:

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

yes, by the Cadets...

For you DCA types who have forgotten that this is a DCI forum and DCA has its own DCP page for such discussions, one hits the Forum tab on the upper left of this page, this will bring up the homepage for forums. Don't lose patience because DCA is listed after World Class, then Open Class, then the DCA page. Voila. Have a nice summer season. Now back to Cadets.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim will see them in Peckville 7/29.  I won’t until Williamsport.  

I'll see C2 on 7/7 and looking forward to it!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

:whip:

With everything going through in YEA this season - I'm pretty sure most of us are excited about any and all positive news out of the organization. 

I also think the improvement of C2 (apparent) will be reflected in the DCI Cadets corps as well. Folks will be quite surprised IMO. 

#### you for using logic on DCP, especially against those that love to not practice what they preach

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

yes, by the Cadets...

For you DCA types who have forgotten that this is a DCI forum and DCA has its own DCP page for such discussions, one hits the Forum tab on the upper left of this page, this will bring up the homepage for forums. Don't lose patience because DCA is listed after World Class, then Open Class, then the DCA page. Voila. Have a nice summer season. Now back to Cadets.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Cainan
borderline abusive comment removed.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It might be better to not criticize people for being supportive of either or both Cadets corps.  The only DCAs I marched in were with an alumni corps.  So I would hardly would consider myself a DCA person.  

I was a charter donor to Cadets2 before they ever hit the field.  I think it’s better to spread a little goodwill.   But that’s just me.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5