Cadets 2018

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

Reported

:D

thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It might be better to not criticize people for being supportive of either or both Cadets corps.  The only DCAs marched in were with an alumni corps.  So I would hardly would consider myself a DCA person.  

I was a charter donor to Cadets2 before they ever hit the field.  I think it’s better to spread a little goodwill.   But that’s just me.  

C2's success is a huge part of what is helping YEA in these troubled times. The good work they do there will help C1, as with....how do I say this....a better organization in place, we may see more kids going from 2 to 1. I know several past 2 members that chose to go elsewhere and not go up to 1.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I know Cadets March and play fast, but that's a very fast picnic! Eat, meet, catch up and make friends in 30 minutes?

FYI, website says 5:00-6:30, but who knows for sure ...

In other news, a couple new tshirts have been on sale of late while we await 2018 show shirts - mostly playing on a certain theme.  Here's one:

845426929.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

C2's success is a huge part of what is helping YEA in these troubled times. The good work they do there will help C1, as with....how do I say this....a better organization in place, we may see more corps going from 2 to 1. I know several past 2 members that chose to go elsewhere and not go up to 1.

EXACTLY. Especially going forward - can by HUGE for the Cadets "climb back up the ladder" IMO

If there were no C2 that 2017 Cadets corps horn line would have been tough to fill out - so many C2 kids stepped up to Cadets

And now - with the changes - it can be a real breeding ground for talent, volunteers, donors etc - a community wing of the national Cadets

I LOVE C2 - hugely important to the Cadets IMO. I also think key to DCA as well.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Eleran said:

FYI, website says 5:00-6:30, but who knows for sure ...

In other news, a couple new tshirts have been on sale of late while we await 2018 show shirts - mostly playing on a certain theme.  Here's one:

845426929.jpg

Heard about that shirt coming out - but first time seeing it. LOVE IT!!! :inlove:

• Like 3

This uniform would've been an outrage 8 years ago. But compared to what everyone else is wearing this year, it seems pretty traditional lol. Mainly due to the shako and plume

• Like 5

Just now, Brass34 said:

This uniform would've been an outrage 8 years ago. But compared to what everyone else is wearing this year, it seems pretty traditional lol. Mainly due to the shako and plume

it's very much more fitted and modern looking - and my understanding is the main color of the back is different than the main color of the front

lots of ways that is being worked into drill/choreography - and an extended drill move in the first two minutes where every other member in the drill is facing front field vs. backfield

• Like 2