Cadets 2018

Just now, George Dixon said:

But but but “the trend”

not sure how you’ve seen the show, or at least the entirety of it. They’ve been in stealth mode since the gopher level 90 second “preview clip” back in Ada - and that wasn’t representative at all

anyway - I agree they and the show are much better

id expect them a couple (2-3) points below the front runners tomorrow night 

but we won’t know how things really stack up until SAT and ATL imo

this year could get tight at the top outside the medals 4/5/6/7 could be close imo - esp 5/6/7 

the big question mark in my view is visual and guard... 

I have friends in high places :) 

There is honestly nothing more I would love than if they bounced in an won tomorrow night. I will do cartwheels. I always love when the unexpected happens and there's a shock in placement - it's so rare. I just think it's really hard to move up - look at Boston last night. Started exactly where they left off last year, even with all the right pieces in place. 

What I can't figure out for the life of me is where I have heard part of their show before. The part that starts with the chanting. Around 1:40/1:50 seconds in to 4:50. I know another corps has played it, but it's driving me nuts. I want to say SCV played it at some point...but I'm losing my mind. I can't figure it out.

I think their whole visual program is a big huge massive step up from last year. It's challenging, intricate, it has nice flow to it, and the guard has a great presence. The staging is good.

I feel night and day different about my recent viewing than a couple weeks ago. Still, top 5 will be a big challenge, but who knows. 7th at absolute worst.

15 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

There is honestly nothing more I would love than if they bounced in an won tomorrow night. I will do cartwheels. I always love when the unexpected happens and there's a shock in placement - it's so rare. I just think it's really hard to move up - look at Boston last night. Started exactly where they left off last year, even with all the right pieces in place. 

What I can't figure out for the life of me is where I have heard part of their show before. The part that starts with the chanting. Around 1:40/1:50 seconds in to 4:50. I know another corps has played it, but it's driving me nuts. I want to say SCV played it at some point...but I'm losing my mind. I can't figure it out.

I think their whole visual program is a big huge massive step up from last year. It's challenging, intricate, it has nice flow to it, and the guard has a great presence. The staging is good.

I feel night and day different about my recent viewing than a couple weeks ago. Still, top 5 will be a big challenge, but who knows. 7th at absolute worst.

Let's remember that it's June. Bloo started off running last year and look what happened to them at the end of the season.

Regardless, they do have a steep hill to climb and I haven't even seen the other shows yet. 

16 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Let's remember that it's June. Bloo started off running last year and look what happened to them at the end of the season.

Regardless, they do have a steep hill to climb and I haven't even seen the other shows yet. 

Fair play. I've seen video of everyone that made the top 12 last year, except Madison and Santa Clara. I think you will be happy with the 2018 Cadets. That's what's most important. 3rd, 7th or 10th (which would be a gartanguan shock IMO) they are definitely headed in the right direction.

38 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It's difficult to move up when the corps above you are also improving, that's for sure.  But, regardless of what's happening with other corps, The Cadets are faced with a very unique and unprecedented situation this year.  Their motivation to work harder is noteworthy.  Their pride for the corps and the history is undeniable.  Their support for each other and the alumni that came before them is going to be at an all-time high.  I would argue that we have no precedent to measure this by.

Edited by Tommeee
mistakes mistakes mistakes
  • Like 3

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

I figured it out. Crown, 2009. That's where I've heard that number before!

Oh, Sensamaya? Yeah, Crown played it in 2009, and Cavies played it in 1994 (?). 

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

That is it. Yes. I forgot Cavies played it in 1994.

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

That is it. Yes. I forgot Cavies played it in 1994.

AND Boston is playing it this year, also!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eleran said:

How long a "stop en route" are they taking?!?  It's only a 2 hr 20 minute drive from Erie to Orrville.

I had the same question and searched for answers:

a) Beau is taking the whole corps to see "The Incredibles 2" after a phenomenal ST with phenomenal, resilient mms.

b) Litzenberg and Aungst are taking the stage again at the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame re-enacting their (in)famous rookie night concert they did on the Drum bus back in the legacy years.    hmmm.....

c) Dr. Drew Shanefield's answer to Hop talks by explaining that "No Orrville, Ohio is not named after Mr. Redenbacher. He only has one "r" . However, popcorn for everyone anyway."

d) Secret stealth uniform fittings at an unnamed location for the Great Reveal '18 on 6/23 (this will include the Secret Prop.)

e) official end of ST laundry stop and powerwash.

f) Shewhois is having the whole corps over in Ohio.  Tour of where certain redheads went to school, learned to sing, etc.

g) All of the above

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1