Cadets 2018

Can't wait till tonight !! I hope the Cadets get off to a great start and slowly build to a great finish like 2011...:angel1: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well, I've seen plenty of posts where people were saying Boston top 3 and so on and so forth. They got 4th last night, but were BD and SCV there they would have certainly placed 6th - exactly where they left off last year. If Cadets were there, it's possible they could have placed 7th. So, yes, I think BAC was overhyped and not just by a few posters.

In the Boston Crusaders thread there was plenty of excitement, perhaps some hype, but in the predictions thread it seems as if for every “hype” post there was for BAC, a post followed that predicted a less than stellar year. These folks often had Bloo and Crown lower with SCV blowing everyone away including Blue Devils and some who claimed it would be Blue Devils owning the season. I don’t think Clovis made that a guarantee. It’s going to be a slugfest this year, and yes, Cadets could shake things up.

I would think that most drum corps fans want Cadets to have a successful year. Most want the year to be competitive. I think lots of people in the drum corps community would love to see Cadets place higher this year, as long as they do not knock out their favorite corps to do so. That’s down the road. Tonight is not about proving that the corps is more than the former director or that the ground lost over the past couple of years has been regained. It’s not about proving that long time rivals such as BAC or maybe Cavies, both who have reputations of growing as the season progresses were over hyped. It’s about getting a corps on the field, letting the judges have their say, and letting the season begin. The kids have proven already they have grit. Alums have more than stepped up to the plate. Tonight should be about tonight.

Tomorrow when Cadets, Cavies, and BAC face each other for the first time: let the games begin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wishing The Cadets all a great first show of the season. Wish I could be there in person to cheer the corps on but I'm with you all in spirit and prayer.

Thank you and all the mms for the outstanding efforts this Spring to continue the Holy Name legacy looking towards its 90th year.

Keep me in your prayers when you sing O Holy Name.

X

Cadets tour staff '77-'93,  continuing sponsor ever since.

• Like 7

Good luck to Cadets tonight. I will be flying to London so I won't be able to see how you've done until tomorrow. Show everyone this is about MORE than survival. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

FYI the perc staff person the the start and end of this video is Tom Aungst's son, who marched Crown and Blue Devils and, of course, Dartmouth HS.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:03 PM, 2000Cadet said:

In other words, every drum corps member's nightmare. 

Well, it did stick with me for 35 years after marching.... so....

57 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Good luck to Cadets tonight. I will be flying to London so I won't be able to see how you've done until tomorrow. Show everyone this is about MORE than survival. 

is that with a plane or on sheer emotion??? :angel1: