Cadets 2018

17 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Feel the same. It’s June Cadets

i think the sensa needs a trim and the ballad needs some new drill at the end 

but there’s a ton of creativity and effect in the show and some stuff that will really clean up nice

the sacra needs slowed down, not sure what they ran it at tonight but it felt rushed and the members we’re struggling with the tempo, that’s an easy fix that I feel will make the ending much more powerful and effective 

I'm just fascinated by all the good reviews they're getting. It's honestly shocking because I was worried off-season. Good job Cadets. Can't wait to see what this show beholds. 

13 hours ago, blakman7 said:

Alright Cadets....you have my attention :bigsmile: I must admit that I'm REALLY loving the show this year. Brass is sounding good, balanced, not too loud and not too soft. Guard will get to where they need to be. Percussion is sounding great! Aungst isn't messing around this year!  This show definitely has legs and I can't wait to see how the season progresses. Mark my words, The Cadets will be competitive again soon. I hate to harp on this point/topic but I will say that it's very refreshing to see the corps bounce back strong during this "post GH" era. Keep working hard as you always do and leave the field on finals knowing that you overcame A LOT!! Keep growing rep by rep and as Brad Toth (Soprano '99, Trumpet '00, Drum Major '01, former Brass Caption Head at Blue Knights and current Brass Caption Head at Phantom Regiment) used to tell us during my tenure at Magic of Orlando...."take advantage of every rep and opportunity to get better!" By the way....as a tuba player....I don't know WHO that tuba (Contra player for us old school folks) thought he was sounding amazing on that solo in Sensemaya. Great job tonight and keep going upwards!

I marched with him lol...

BAC FB is announcing that their former drum major and director George Bevilacqua has passed away. His son George and his 3 daughters Sue, Linda and Arlene all marched in the Cadets in late 80's and early 90's. Join me in praying for them all, good people all, and great Cadets.  Condolences to his family.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 2

How did The Cadets do today?

The problem last year for The Cadets, and also for everyone else out of the top 6 versus the corps above them was that there were nights when they stalled or took a step backward, while the others always seemed to show improvement.  Cadets improved by a point and a half tonight.  They have 5 days to rehearse before their next competition, after which they will have something like 5 shows in six days and 7 in 9 days.  They need to march (figuratively and literally) forward in each one, never taking a step backwards, all the way to San Antonio and beyond.  If they do that, they - and any other corps who can do the same - will be in the fight to the finish.  The material is good enough to build on.  The staff and the corps needs to put it together.  Cadets are starting at a bit of an organizational disadvantage this year compared to others who had no management turnover, but when they step on the field every practice and every performance is a chance to maintain what has been mastered and at the same time find something to do better.  It's much easier said than done, but that's what the top corps are able to accomplish.

• Like 3