Cadets 2018

4 hours ago, dans said:

Does anyone know where the Cadets are rehearsing tomorrow? I had heard that they were practicing at the stadium (J Birney Crum); however, their tour schedule indicates a different practice location.

I believe they are housed at a school but st the stadium all day 

43 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I'm not slotting them either, but it's gonna be very difficult for them to move higher than 6th (IMO). I'm just glad they are on the field and I get to see them live on Sunday & Monday.

I think this week will tell a lot.  They have 5 shows in 6 days.  It's going to be tough in the heat, but if they can show improvement each day it could put them in the discussion with the corps that are currently sitting above them.  At the risk of repeating, what really hurt them last year was the inconsistency of taking steps back on key nights.  The show in Nashville was a killer that even the amazing performance the next night in Powder Springs could not fully rectify.  I suspect a lot of that was due to too many big changes too late in the season coupled with a young corps.  Let's see if the entire team can avoid that this time around.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dans said:

I agree with you Jeff. However, the season is very early. This is a very determined bunch of Cadets this season. If they continue to clean and get more GE into the show, I believe they could end up in 6th. With that said, once the judges slot them in a tier, it is almost impossible to move upward.

i'm not writing anyone off yet. I dig the show as is, can't wait to see what is yet to come. the late spring re-design has them behind in some areas, and that's what'll take the most work.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

They would be really good if they skip the walking phrase.

they're the Cadets. they know on and off LOL

• Like 1

I hope it's not a scorcher Thursday night for the Clifton show.:cheer:

Edited by jonwoody
misspell

19 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

I hope it's not a scorcher Thursday night for the Clifton show.:cheer:

I think the inferno will have retreated south by then.  We’re supposed to be done with this by Sunday.  115 heat index here today. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think the inferno will have retreated south by then.  We’re supposed to be done with this by Sunday.  115 heat index here today. 

Greater NY-NJ heat alert is for four to five days with two at heat index over 100. What you get we get 2-3 days later.

This article by Josh Clements about Sara and all the 2018 Cadets needs to be out there even more than the current news of today. Sara was also part of that great Fieldpass interview with Dan Potter two weeks ago. Awesome lady.  Thank you Sara, Josh, and all.

https://www.musicandmarching.com/blog/2018/6/29/humans-of-drum-corps-sara-bowden-7jxgl

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

still be low 90's as of right now

Allentown tonight! Who is going?

• Like 1