Cadets 2018

15 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

The outspoken usually are the ones with the thinnest skin when you even politely critique their fav.. Of course, unless it's all positive...hmmmm sounds like government these days..lo:peek:l

i only get upset with personal attacks when i review. say what you want about my review fine. bash me or my family, your ### is getting handed to you. it's why i am on wanted posters in Racine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Cappybara said:

There is a reason my generation is using Facebook less and less and using platforms like Snapchat and Instagram a lot more. Facebook has been flooded with old cranks wherever you go

sadly the last few days your generation has been the biggest issue on the DCP Facebook page. break a rule and you think you can mass protest on a moderated page, then #### and moan and send threatening messages when you get banned.

Not you per se, but your age range.

• Like 1

After the Bluecoats performance in Clifton n.j. last evening, I think that it is reasonable to accept that the Cadets have a huge uphill climb to reach that level of showmanship..mind you, this from a Cadet fan for over 36 years.

49 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

sadly the last few days your generation has been the biggest issue on the DCP Facebook page. break a rule and you think you can mass protest on a moderated page, then #### and moan and send threatening messages when you get banned.

Not you per se, but your age range.

I wouldn't doubt it. We're a bunch of whiners too

I don't really use FB anymore, and especially not the DCP facebook page (this forum is enough lol!) so I wasn't aware

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

So by your standard sexism etc is ok

Got it. 

I see you too enjoy generalizations :)

After the Bluecoats performance in Clifton n.j. last evening, I think that it is reasonable to accept that the Cadets have a huge uphill climb to reach that level of showmanship..mind you, this from a Cadet fan for over 36 years.

I don't think anyone expected them to challenge for top 5, their show seems to be conservative and is more of a vehicle to get the program back on it's feet. And it's done that very well. I've volunteered with them sporadically this spring/summer and the vibe is REALLY incredible. Kids are excited, staff and volunteers are energized, alumni are coming out of hiding. Brass book isn't a monster but is performed well...guard is doing great work, pit is killing it, and battery is really impressive. Vocals have been integrated better than last year, but are still a bit too overpowering in a few spots. I've been a Cadet homer for a long time, and this year is a breath of fresh air for me. There is a bright future, IMO.

Edited by kkpjm16
forgot original quote!
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

I don't think anyone expected them to challenge for top 5, their show seems to be conservative and is more of a vehicle to get the program back on it's feet. And it's done that very well. I've volunteered with them sporadically this spring/summer and the vibe is REALLY incredible. Kids are excited, staff and volunteers are energized, alumni are coming out of hiding. Brass book isn't a monster but is performed well...guard is doing great work, pit is killing it, and battery is really impressive. Vocals have been integrated better than last year, but are still a bit too overpowering in a few spots. I've been a Cadet homer for a long time, and this year is a breath of fresh air for me. There is a bright future, IMO.

I agree with your observation..and I had no fantasy that they would be at that level this year..The comment was moreover a compliment to Blue  and the realization that the bar has been set very high

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

Exactly. Cadets are back on a positive trajectory -  so exciting for the members and the organization!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I see you too enjoy generalizations :)

that was an analogy - not a generalization 

• Like 1

I won't make a generalization, but I will say that my middle aged aunts and their friends use FB far more than my friends and I do. I'm 24. There's nothing really there anymore except for pictures of grandchildren and essential oils. I deleted the app.

• Haha 2