Cadets 2018

7 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

I know little to zip about WGI guard judging, so I ask to learn:

Is there a distinction between how punitive drops are in WGI vs DCI?

I certainly know neither is tic system, but agree that mistakes should count.

I've looked at WGI score sheets simply because I love watching their activity, and they judge equipment drops more on effective recovery than the mistake itself. WGI equipment sheets say this in their top achievement box 5: "Effortless recovery from virtually non-existent breaks and flaws. "

Not sure about DCI guard judging

Edited by kinetic inferno11

7 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I've looked at WGI score sheets simply because I love watching their activity, and they judge equipment drops more on effective recovery than the mistake itself. WGI equipment sheets say this in their top achievement box 5: "Effortless recovery from virtually non-existent breaks and flaws. "

Thank you, now have some perspective on one side of the question!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

ah - it's just like "new math" - who cares if the answer is correct, it's the effort that matters! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cadet93 said:

And ahead of BD's guard....lol.  Very interesting.  I have never understood that aspect of guard judging.  I guess it has to be bad enough that it diminishes the "effect" being attempted.  Well sorry but one drop on a huge toss is obvious and has an effect.  I have never gotten a good explanation of judging of that in WGI or DCI. 

My take has always been that you shouldn't punish the whole corps for one person's mistake.  So a player messing up on a solo, or a drum or horn member falling would not affect the score that is given.  

Doesn't make sense to me.  You are going out to perform and be judged if you make a mistake it should count against you.

BD's guard was not stellar last night either. How many drops on that rifle exchange over the couter? Looked as bad as it did a week ago. BD also has lots of dead time in their book. Cavaliers are doing more, even with th obvious flaws.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

supposedly 30 minute delay for show tonite so rain cloud can pass through.  ah yes, it's Florida.

Oh yeah. Now I remember why I hate drum corps in Florida. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Oh yeah. Now I remember why I hate drum corps in Florida. 

Don't forget the humidity.