Cadets 2018

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

I agree, but I suppose when for so long everything wrong with drum corps is blamed on one person, whether right or wrong, it’s a hard habit to break. The former director also had his supporters who were caught by surprise and feel betrayed. Lots of folks believed he was eccentric but at heart the former director at heart was “all about the kids.” These folks, and there are probably more than many realize, are deeply hurt and angry. 

If a housing site is cancelled because of the allegations against the former director, or donors stop giving, or a sponsor withholds donations, that’s fair game to blame the former director, but overall, the less he comes up in threads, the better. Although as I write this, I wonder if some of the people who comment on FB realize the events that happened or that he is gone.

You hit the nail on the head right there.  If the behavior described in the allegations had been some kind of open secret like Harvey Weinstein, the sense of betrayal would not have been as pronounced.  It still boggles my mind that all this went on for such a long time and NO ONE KNEW, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING.  It must have been a perfect storm of each person thinking they were the only one. And as such, the ongoing dismay in everyone else other than the victims will take a very long time to fully heal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Icer said:

You hit the nail on the head right there.  If the behavior described in the allegations had been some kind of open secret like Harvey Weinstein, the sense of betrayal would not have been as pronounced.  It still boggles my mind that all this went on for such a long time and NO ONE KNEW, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING.  It must have been a perfect storm of each person thinking they were the only one. And as such, the ongoing dismay in everyone else other than the victims will take a very long time to fully heal.

and he set out and with the help of well-meaning people who were fed lies destroyed the reputations of others who suspected and questioned.

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

and he set out and with the help of well-meaning people who were fed lies destroyed the reputations of others who suspected and questioned.

And clearly drove off others 

Tim K is frankly coming off as an apologist

when one person is director and ceo and loaded the bod with allies it can sadly be “all about one person” 

thats why the new corps director, new board and hiring an independent ceo is so key today and moving forward 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

I'm not always great at cutting, lifting, and pasting (like today's DCI music arrangers, ho, ho.) But if you want the laugh of the day, go to Cadets twitter today and remember, "You become what you eat."Dh6WMP7U8AAL3Ol.jpg

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'm not always great at cutting, lifting, and pasting (like today's DCI music arrangers, ho, ho.) But if you want the laugh of the day, go to Cadets twitter today and remember, "You become what you eat."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Regarding the “all about the kids” folks, when I was teaching, “Cosby” and “A Different World” were top rated shows and I often encouraged my students to watch both shows. Bill Cosby delivered a positive message. One episode had Cliff making a special barbecue sauce that made people fall in love. At the time, it was funny. It was featured in a YouTube video clip a few weeks ago. Now it has to be one of the creepiest things I’ve seen in a while. 

No wonder the Jell-O was always quivering.  

• Haha 1

I know this is a bit random, but I just wanted to say I am PUMPED to see the Cadets in person on Sunday!  (No, I'm not crying, you're crying.) 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

I know this is a bit random, but I just wanted to say I am PUMPED to see the Cadets in person on Sunday!  (No, I'm not crying, you're crying.) 

you're so crying

be sure to let us know what you think after the show!

• Like 1