Cadets 2018

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I like the brass this year. Much prefer it to Gino’s sound which personnally I rarely enjoyed, 2013 and 2015 were exceptions 

Very few exceptions if any 

2 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

I'm probably getting my terminology wrong. I thought Drew was the "caption head", but he's the "arranger/caption supervisor".  Who was the previous caption head?

he is now - until mid winter it was they guy (also not named) who was hired as a tech in 2017 that had been accused of filming a  classroom where students changed clothes - he "departed" early this year and instead of bringing in a caption head - it was added to Drew's duties.

They need to reinforce EITHER the design team or instructional team or both - but first lets see how the chips fall this season, still quite a bit of time left to adjust and  tweak the  improved 2018 Cadets brass

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

he is now - until mid winter it was they guy (also not named) who was hired as a tech in 2017 that had been accused of filming a  classroom where students changed clothes - he "departed" early this year and instead of bringing in a caption head - it was added to Drew's duties.

They need to reinforce EITHER the design team or instructional team or both - but first lets see how the chips fall this season, still quite a bit of time left to adjust and  tweak the  improved 2018 Cadets brass

Waiting for the apologist to come out of hiding. 

I hope this isn't lost in the mix of all the rear-view mirroring.  Thank you to our generous friends at BOHBC.

Now that the Cadets are in Vol country, the corps started their day with some Rocky Top… And in true Volunteer fashion, Black Oak Heights Baptist Church donated food for lunch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Very few exceptions if any 

For me, Gino's 2001, 2007, 2013, and 2015 lines were high water marks. 2005 was impeccable, too, but there was a richness and power that these other lines had more of I thought...  HM 2011.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

The Cadets had success in spite of him. He wasn’t very good at anything. 

Eh, he was pretty #### good at being a lightning rod. See: everyone who blames him and him alone for the changes that the majority of corps voted to approve over the past twenty years.

Also good at being a generally terrible person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

He had no taste. Period. The guy had no business designing shows. Zero. None. 

"I'll take the 'Mad Tea Party' and ballad of our show over any drum corps show ever" GH, finals week 2006

Of course none of that really matters when we learned 12 years later that he had sexually assaulted our assistant director that year and one of our hornline members who aged out and worked at YEA the next.

Anyway it's great that they have a show they can dig into and enjoy performing this year.

Edited by FTNK
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

"I'll take the 'Mad Tea Party' and ballad of our show over any drum corps show ever" GH, finals week 2006

The Cadets 2006 show would be right at home in today's drum corps. Not saying it was great, but it more resembles today's shows than back then.

Just now, chris ncsu said:

The Cadets 2006 show would be right at home in today's drum corps. Not saying it was great, but it more resembles today's shows than back then.

Good ideas, bad execution. BUT WE HAD MELODIES