Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

As one mm said to me: "... How do you keep your job and not lose your pension when your boss is having a bad day ? ...

Pension?  What is this thing of which the young marcher speaks?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It was the small minded belief that the classic Cadets M&G was “the problem”

reinforced by the fact that the last two championships had come in 2005 (with the alteration of the back of the uniform) and 2011 (with the dual color scheme for angels and demons) 

i believe Hopkins felt that the unaltered uniforms cost them a championship in 2007 and 2013 so 2014 they did the cumberbunds and 2015 the color change 

reading recaps would have been helpful

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Happy Bastile Day to the Spartans and others Francophiles.

Meanwhile Cadets are on the way finally to cross the Mississippi on to St. Louis.  Many thanks to the age-outs, vets, and others who joined Cadets in November expecting that you'd cross this river much earlier in the season but stuck with the corps when the tour and administration changed. I owe a couple a future trips to the NW (provided they push my wheelchair nicely.) In years to come you will be the legendary corps the historians will be praising. Missouri is the Show Me State. Do it!

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 1

^ couple of long rehearsal days for Cadets - I'm sure some adjustments to the show as well to enhance impact points, transitions and flow...

Edited by George Dixon

I

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

^ couple of long rehearsal days for Cadets - I'm sure some adjustments to the show as well to enhance impact points, transitions and flow...

I hope (I am sure they have) they have also been cleaning too!  They need to start executing at the same level of the corps above them. 

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

II hope (I am sure they have) they have also been cleaning too!  They need to start executing at the same level of the corps above them. 

cleaning is huge right now for the Cadets - they are noticeably dirtier than the corps ahead of them - and that's creating some of that "gap" that's opened up for sure

33 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets uniforms through the years (through 2017) - cool video

Very, very nice.  I'm even in the vid at 1:15, far left.   Keith Potter (Cadets>Crown>BAC) is shown in his Tame the Perilous Skies guard costume @ 1:40. So many others I could mention and call out. Great memories, great legacy, great future. Thanks.

• Like 1

high quality video from brass warm ups from last week - I personally love the sound of this years brass line, continued cleaning of their feet and confidence in the drill will improve their scores IMO. Such a good video:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets uniforms through the years (through 2017) - cool video

Dancer in the Dark playing over, I love it!

• Like 3