Cadets 2018

4 hours ago, BigW said:

Someone commented earlier they needed more rips in Ballet Sacra like the older version... Listening to the excerpt around 2:04, how 'bout that Baritone section on those 16th triplets? That's some serious quality.

I went back and re-watched the section of video you referred to.  YESSSS!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I went back and re-watched the section of video you referred to.  YESSSS!!!!!!!

Oh, the clarity of that section is top notch. That kind of stuff can totally blur, smear, and garble in that register of the horn. Especially with several people on split parts. As a Euphonium major, I have to give serious props to all of them.

congrats on last night's performance...the response from the audience after an intermission was reassuring that the cadets are on the right trajectory...keep on cleaning and by finals it could get very interesting...also big up to mandarins..they've come a long way

59 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

congrats on last night's performance...the response from the audience after an intermission was reassuring that the cadets are on the right trajectory...keep on cleaning and by finals it could get very interesting...also big up to mandarins..they've come a long way

How was the audience response? I was so busy just trying to watch the show (and getting past a FLO hiccup during Sensemaya) that all I remember for the most part was an OK response after the opener hit, and a great response after the ballad.  They seemed to really punch up the ballad intensity !