Cadets 2018

The integration of the choral parts is really coming together. All of the parts where the voices are exposed are beautiful. The ballad is incredibly moving. This is turning into something special!

• Like 1

based on the Flo sound coming through my computer cadets had one of the 3 top audience responses...crown and blue being the other 2..I emphasized "after an intermission" because people may not have returned to their seats on time at the start of cadets program

39 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

How was the audience response? I was so busy just trying to watch the show (and getting past a FLO hiccup during Sensemaya) that all I remember for the most part was an OK response after the opener hit, and a great response after the ballad.  They seemed to really punch up the ballad intensity !

It was quite strong! [I know I was whooping it up!] It felt & looked like they were very energized, the ballad is amazing. The ending is great.

2 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

It was quite strong! [I know I was whooping it up!] It felt & looked like they were very energized, the ballad is amazing. The ending is great.

I feel like the ending is too fast/loud for too long, it needs more variety to give it somewhere to go at the very end. I still feel like it's not totally the ending they'll have in Indy.

Thanks for the reply!

1 minute ago, chris ncsu said:

I feel like the ending is too fast/loud for too long, it needs more variety to give it somewhere to go at the very end. I still feel like it's not totally the ending they'll have in Indy.

Thanks for the reply!

Well, it might have been my sheer giddiness for their 2018 journey! I agree it probably wont be their last version. After their performance I was talking with a Cadet alum from 80-83, and he literally could barely speak & had tears flowing............choked me up a bit too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Thanks for the reply!

It's not.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

based on the Flo sound coming through my computer cadets had one of the 3 top audience responses...crown and blue being the other 2..I emphasized "after an intermission" because people may not have returned to their seats on time at the start of cadets program

After what this Corp has been through this past season I'm not surprised. I'm sure the kids and staff are very appreciative of the response. It's a new chapter in their history and future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris ncsu said:

Thanks for the reply!

maybe they should play back field a bit more like in the  93 version. They did this last week with a section of  Part 2 and it is very effective. Gives the audience a great and really draws them in... 

• Like 1

This corps moves a lot.  For the most part, this is reflected in the discrepancy between comp and achievement numbers.  Not just in visual captions, either.   I don’t know if they can catch anyone above them, but they still have HUGE room to improve simply through execution.  I wanna see this group make only smart, NECESSARY changes from here out.  So far this year, they have done so.  Let the kids, staff, and fans have a clean Cadet corps for the first time in a few years.

10 minutes ago, One n Done said:

This corps moves a lot.  For the most part, this is reflected in the discrepancy between comp and achievement numbers.  Not just in visual captions, either.   I don’t know if they can catch anyone above them, but they still have HUGE room to improve simply through execution.  I wanna see this group make only smart, NECESSARY changes from here out.  So far this year, they have done so.  Let the kids, staff, and fans have a clean Cadet corps for the first time in a few years.

Looks like for the first time since 2011, we may get our wish....emphasis on MAY.