Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Cold weather:  That's why they make lexan (polycarbonate) mouthpieces.  

We did a halftime exhibition at a NY Jets game at Shea Stadium, December of 1981... and the plastic mouthpiece I used was the only reason my lips didn't shatter.  LOL.

That day was the #### coldest I've ever been in my entire life. With the wind whipping into Shea... brutal.

Edited by Fran Haring

43 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

We did a halftime exhibition at a NY Jets game at Shea Stadium, December of 1981... and the plastic mouthpiece I used was the only reason my lips didn't shatter.  LOL.

That day was the #### coldest I've ever been in my entire life. With the wind whipping into Shea... brutal.

Both where the Mets play (then Shea, now the new stadium Citifield built in the parking lot of the old) and where the Jets and Giants "play" are windy, not far from the water, and in the near flight path of LaGuardia and Newark Airports; the windy cold weather is part of why the airports were built where they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

yikees.... I recall a couple of winter parades I've marched in too  Fran,  where I thought my blood would freeze, my bones would crack, and I was gonna die on the spot.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

yikees.... I recall a few winter  parades or two I've marched too Fran,  where I thought my blood would freeze, my bones would crack, and I was gonna die on the spot.

This must be you. He's wearing Crusader red.

Lenox Winter March Snowman with Bugle Horn Trumpet band figurine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Pottsville PA Winter Carnival Parade. guaranteed to be the coldest day of the year, every year. Even hitting the Yuengling Brewery brought no relief

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Pottsville PA Winter Carnival Parade. guaranteed to be the coldest day of the year, every year. Even hitting the Yuengling Brewery brought no relief

Now you've got my attention...I grew up in Minersville and never missed the Winter Carnival! Charlie's Pizzeria was a welcome respite...or the Garfield!

4 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

Now you've got my attention...I grew up in Minersville and never missed the Winter Carnival! Charlie's Pizzeria was a welcome respite...or the Garfield!

when you're IN the parade, you only had a chance to stop at the brewery

59 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

yikees.... I recall a couple of winter parades I've marched in too  Fran,  where I thought my blood would freeze, my bones would crack, and I was gonna die on the spot.

What an amazing display of desire!  No doubt it edited out the ride alongs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

hopefully the valves dont freeze

When 27th performed for the opening ceremonies in the 1980 Olympics, the solution to valves freezing was antifreeze. 

• Like 2