Cadets 2018

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

"Disturbed" is appropriate...(GH was acting a little weird last night)...but I'm cautiously optimistic, especially about the Prokofiev part. Makes you wonder what the unis are gonna look like.

Edited by kkpjm16

The earliest top placing Drum Corps that I recall playing this song was the Troopers in 1969. Troopers did very well placement wise with the Simon and Garfunkle tune, " The Sound of Silence ".  The Troopers in '69 placed 3rd at the VFW Nationals, 2nd at the AL Nationals, and 1st at the World Open. The Reading Buccaneers of DCA played the " Sound of Silence  in the 1971 season as well. From the 1960s to the 2000's, at least 8 top placing Drum Corps have played " The Sound of Silence "   I believe that The Crossmen were the latest top 12 Drum Corps to play this tune... in 2013 with their  themed show " Protest ". Interesting historical tidbit : Songwriter Paul Simon was just  21 years old when he wrote " The Sound of Silence " in '64 ( Simon turned 76 on Oct.13th )

Edited by BRASSO

On 12/7/2017 at 6:12 AM, xandandl said:

Hopkins' chauffeur for the weekend as you know "greater" H'burg so well.

i can pretty much imagine if i were to show up, it'd bring things to a complete halt.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:47 AM, Fran Haring said:

LOL... I hear ya, I know the "we're doing this or that" feeling well!!!   :tongue:

it was 'hey don't make plans this weekend".

i'm sure i'll know tomorrow morning LOL

Weather now low 30’s anywhere from 1-3 inches of snow. Harrisburg calling for only 1 inch, but York county where school is mostly calling for 3

Interesting.  I recall being chastised last year for revealing show information that was only shared with donors.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wadep66 said:

Interesting.  I recall being chastised last year for revealing show information that was only shared with donors.  

So I take it you didn't donate this year?

Or was GD being sardonic that no news has been released. I took the official as from the artist not the corps. What did I miss?

Yes I donated.   Yes I watched the broadcast.  

Last year I shared the next day about the music.  Was asked to take it down.