Cadets 2018

42 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Interesting to hear GH publicly acknowledge that Crown, Bloo, and Cadets have been passing along recommendations to the other two for musicians cut from one in order to get an open spot at another. Both Bloo and Cadets advertised today for lead trumpets, Cadets for synth and a couple of new bari  spots as well. January camps always seem to bring holes when some folks have to face bad weather travel for their first time and others have to face the reality of tour fees and empty wallets no matter what the corps. Good luck to all travelling this weekend to camp.

The irony of people getting cut from Crown and Bluecoats getting a recommendation to go to Cadets. I remember when it was the other way around when I marched. Shows you just how much better those two corps have gotten over the years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

I haven't heard from the neigh-saying folk since Crown 2007.

You forgot about Troopers 2015.

• Like 1

Quote of the night from the Rich Armstrong (legacy corps DM) interview (now on corps FB page.)

..."when I think of the Cadets I think of Excellence.  I expect Excellence from the Cadets..."

What of their traditions stands out as most impacting your life?   "Two words:  Work Ethic."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

The irony of people getting cut from Crown and Bluecoats getting a recommendation to go to Cadets. I remember when it was the other way around when I marched. Shows you just how much better those two corps have gotten over the years. 

and both of their staffs impacted by Cadets alums.

Your point is valid and understood. Similar in a way to the 27th-Cadets symbiosis of the late 70's and 80's until 27th folded.

Uh-oh. If you do a Beethoven show, please don't hit me over the head with the fact he went deaf.  Don't need a replay of the ham fisted "Ten" experience. 

29 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Uh-oh. If you do a Beethoven show, please don't hit me over the head with the fact he went deaf.  Don't need a replay of the ham fisted "Ten" experience. 

Maybe they will insert a little bit of Paul Simon and Garfunkel or Disturbed to illustrate the story of Beethoven a little better. 

• Like 1

K, well, if this whole Sound of Silence thing is happening, I'm super excited.  I don't really immerse myself with the top groups of BOA, etc., and so it's new to me.  It ain't Malaguena, you know? lol   :-)  It's recognizable for the majority of the target audience, and it's a powerful piece of source music.  I plan on putting aside any baggage associated with the selection and pray for an incredible production by the '18 Cadets.  

Shoot, what if their theme was "Hello Darkness, My Old Friend"... oooo! :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

K, well, if this whole Sound of Silence thing is happening, I'm super excited.  I don't really immerse myself with the top groups of BOA, etc., and so it's new to me.  It ain't Malaguena, you know? lol   :-)  It's recognizable for the majority of the target audience, and it's a powerful piece of source music.  I plan on putting aside any baggage associated with the selection and pray for an incredible production by the '18 Cadets.  

There will be no more praying in Allentown. The Mass has ended, go in peace.

• Haha 2