Cadets 2018

52 minutes ago, brichtimp said:

Well, 2014 is the last time Cadets made the podium.....in spite of the narration, stage and staging decisions. Of course, I'm biased because my son aged out on the snare line; but well executed Copland has staying power, IMHO.

Everything was great except that stage. 

They used the stage in 2016, too but they lowered it and dumped it altogether by Atlanta.   I remember because I started  thanking my deity of choice. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Or they could have just ditched the entire narration altogether. :biggrin:

I hope not. I'm so curious about how spring training is going. The suspense is killing me. 

Things just felt right when I visited. And it wasn't some kind of Potemkin Village thing. Been around long enough to get the vibe when things are wrong and that was the last thing I felt here. I'm not worried. There's a sense of purpose and quiet, confident determination.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BigW said:

Things just felt right when I visited. And it wasn't some kind of Potemkin Village thing. Been around long enough to get the vibe when things are wrong and that was the last thing I felt here. I'm not worried. There's a sense of purpose and quiet, confident determination.

That is so good to hear.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

I like the sound of that (although, I had to google that "Potemkin Village" reference).

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I like the sound of that (although, I had to google that "Potemkin Village" reference).

Truth is, the last couple of years, they weren’t even trying to hide the tension.  It was so thick in 2016 when I was at a rehearsal, I left for awhile and had a beer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Truth is, the last couple of years, they weren’t even trying to hide the tension.  It was so thick in 2016 when I was at a rehearsal, I left for awhile and had a beer. 

That is so unbelievably ridiculous to me. It's like a family who signs up for reality television to air their dirty laundry on the public square. Thank goodness for new leadership.

However, I am curious as to what kind of beer you had. :guinesssmilie:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

That is so unbelievably ridiculous to me. It's like a family who signs up for reality television to air their dirty laundry on the public square. Thank goodness for new leadership.

However, I am curious as to what kind of beer you had. :guinesssmilie:

I can’t remember but it was probably a local microbrew.  :laughing:

Thank goodness is right. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 1

I remember in 2005 I had a beer because I was so blown away by their show.  Then in 2008 I had a beer because I was so frustrated with the narration.  Then in 2011, I had a beer to celebrate their victory.

Actually, now that I think about it, I may have a drinking problem.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

:thumbup: It was like... a really fresh breeze was there mentally. I knew if I felt so positive- everyone else had to.

• Like 2