Cadets 2018

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

There is one member, GH...long time on Cadets' faculty and always in GH's shadow or winnebego...who didn't go to Bahstahn and hasn't been too successful with other corps. His absence in the box speaks loudly about the much better way the mms are treated and responding this season. At one time he was a characterture, then he became burnt-out, then a hurdle and problem. Now that problem is gone.

I will say that when the former director was back in dodge off tour and Bruno was in charge, things ran very well.  Stress level low, carrot crew wasn’t deluged with constant schedule changes...  Bruno is a very nice man who cared about everyone on tour... members first and foremost, staff, volunteers, drivers.. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I will say that when the former director was back in dodge off tour and Bruno was in charge, things ran very well.  Stress level low, carrot crew wasn’t deluged with constant schedule changes...  Bruno is a very nice man who cared about everyone on tour... members first and foremost, staff, volunteers, drivers.. 

my sponsoree and his mother (who volunteered) definitely said the same; the 2016 tension was so great, my sponsoree did not return nor march his age-out. 

But no way was I referring to Bruno in my original comment.

Just now, xandandl said:

my sponsoree and his mother (who volunteered) definitely said the same; the 2016 tension was so great, my sponsoree did not return nor march his age-out. 

But no way was I referring to Bruno in my original comment.

I didn’t think you were.  I just wanted to give Bruno some props for being a calming influence.  Jim commented on that several times to me the years he volunteered for the corps. 

My kid I helped didn’t return either for 2017.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

There is one other member, not GH...long time on Cadets' faculty and always in GH's shadow or winnebego...who didn't go to Bahstahn and hasn't been too successful with other corps. His absence in the box speaks loudly about the much better way the mms are treated and responding this season. At one time he was a characterture, then he became burnt-out, then a hurdle and problem. Now that problem is gone.

Not sure if you're referring to Sully or not, but he definitely fits that description.  He was definitely a character.  I'll give him credit where it's due, because some of his ideas for Cadets over the years were truly innovative, new, and exciting.  But he grew more and more strange, also.  I remember listening to a Marching Roundtable podcast that featured him a couple years ago, and I was convinced he was high as a kite during the interview.  I also don't think his methods work real well for today's members.  I know he has his share of both promoters and haters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigW said:

Did you take this pic? It's great! Don't care who you marched with or when, this pic really sums up why we did this activity.

No, Josh Clements deserves all the credit for the great eye.

Yes, I agree with you. I posted it after I made the comment of Tekk should feel proud as the photo reminded me of Tekk (same instrument) in his younger years. This man probably has Tekk as his super-hero. :innocent:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Yes, I agree with you. I posted it after I made the comment of Tekk should feel proud as the photo reminded me of Tekk (same instrument) in his younger years. This man probably has Tekk as his super-hero. :innocent:

Funny you mentioned that. I partly joined corps because of a Feature Bari player named John Bender from the Buccaneers. I watched him and I wanted to 'be that guy'. I got to know him later on and he was rather surprised and flattered when I told him that. John passed away from various health complications a couple of years ago- I really, really miss him. Amazing who and how one can reach someone and inspire. :satisfied:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The resemblance is uncanny. If only I could find the picture that was taken of me in this same stance.

On another note, are dotbooks digital now?

Edited by 2000Cadet

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

The resemblance is uncanny. If only I could find the picture that was taken of me in this same stance.

On another note, are dotbooks digital now?

If you had the right program, they could be printed out for individual members in the mid-90's IIRC. My guess is if you knew what you were doing you could store them in the cloud for your phone.