Cadets 2018

Now in Williamsburg,(no h) Ohio, Cadets have several days to tweak the cleaning and finesse the program. Things are moving up.

W'burg is a bit southeast of the Mason show tonite and east of Cincy; still rural, population is under 3K. They better buy their milk and bread very early...

On 8/12/2017 at 4:40 PM, Hrothgar15 said:

With the Cadets a shoo-in for 7th tonight, their lowest placement in 36 years, where do they go from this flawed yet enjoyable show to medal in 2018? What has to change music, drill, staff, and design wise?

Let's get this ball rolling. I believe in you, Cadets!

Of all the opinions of those on here I like to read, yours is one I respect the most. I really want to know what you think of this show. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Of all the opinions of those on here I like to read, yours is one I respect the most. I really want to know what you think of this show. 

ah, his lordship is risen from his afternoon renewal and is ready for his tea, crumpets, and scones.

Image result for photo of tea and crumpets

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

ah, his lordship is risen from his afternoon renewal and is ready for his tea, crumpets, and scones.

Image result for photo of tea and crumpets

Good Mornington Crescent (in my British accent). 

On my way to Rome now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Good Mornington Crescent (in my British accent). 

On my way to Rome now. 

I'll tell Francis to expect you. He does have a drum corps you know. They wear funny uniforms that look like costumes.

Edited by xandandl

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'll tell Francis to expect you. He does a drum corps you know. They wear funny uniforms that look like costumes.

Tell him to make sure my Gelato is ready. 

3 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Tell him to make sure my Gelato is ready. 

Try the place on La Strada (the main avenue) between Gregorian University and San Andre Apostolo or north of the fountain in Piazza Navonna.  Strada place is larger with thousands of flavors. Piazza Navonna has a richer product (taste and cost.) Ciao.

P.S. He'll be expecting you to sing O Holy Name (with perhaps a Sistine choir backup.) :-) 

Edited by xandandl

17 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Try the place on La Strada (the main avenue) between Gregorian University and San Andre Apostolo or north of the fountain in Piazza Navonna.  Strada place is larger with thousands of flavors. Piazza Navonna has a richer product (taste and cost.) Ciao.

P.S. He'll be expecting you to sing O Holy Name (with perhaps a Sistine choir backup.) :-) 

I have perfect pitch, so they'd better make sure they're ON KEY!

• Haha 1

Yep, saw 2018 spring training run on youtube and I LOVE this show.  I got the "disunity" hints at the beginning, but then I stopped caring about the theme and enjoyed the marching and playing.  

Also, I really like how they treat the singers in the arrangement.  They're more of a section like the trumpets or the tenors than a featured ensemble... as it should be.  

:-) Yay Cadets!  

• Like 3