Cadets 2018

Just watched Cadets from last night. Great job in cleaning up and generally making the show more exciting. Just need to keep cleaning. It’s evident their guard is young so gotta keep working on technique (esp body) if you want to get clean. And consistency in performance - on flomarching I saw some guard smiling & some people looking aggressive and angry in Sensemaya -  I guess it needs to be one or the other!!!

But bravo in on the journey so far and as other have said- let’s have a clean Cadets at finals. 

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Looks like for the first time since 2011, we may get our wish....emphasis on MAY. 

True.  Can they make the right decisions?  Even without GH, that isn’t easy.  And, CAN, they clean what they have?  Also, not easy.  I thought the corps was plenty clean in ‘12-‘14.  Concept and design simply wasn’t there.  Concept has been kinda hit or miss for them from ‘99 on, IMO.  

3 minutes ago, One n Done said:

True.  Can they make the right decisions?  Even without GH, that isn’t easy.  And, CAN, they clean what they have?  Also, not easy.  I thought the corps was plenty clean in ‘12-‘14.  Concept and design simply wasn’t there.  Concept has been kinda hit or miss for them from ‘99 on, IMO.  

Well, so far, I can't say I am disappointed with their direction this year. And although I would love to see them placing higher, I have to give them credit for where they are based on the circumstances. But you can be sure I will expect a lot more from them next year. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Looks like for the first time since 2011, we may get our wish....emphasis on MAY. 

mmm the last Cadets show that stands a chance of making my top 5 cadets show list (and it does!)

Haven't been able to keep up with everything like I usually can due to work... 

I am sad though that the Cadets won't be at the Broken Arrow TOC show tomorrow, as it is the only live show I can make this year.

Still, I have hopes for them doing good this year with what was dealt them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandonovan said:

Haven't been able to keep up with everything like I usually can due to work... 

I am sad though that the Cadets won't be at the Broken Arrow TOC show tomorrow, as it is the only live show I can make this year.

Still, I have hopes for them doing good this year with what was dealt them.

they are doing quite well - they have two rehearsal days after their show tonight - staying at the same very nice facility both days - so lots of cleaning will be accomplished I'm sure

then they head into Texas with 3 show days in a row I think 

Assuming SCV is the leader (or nearly tied for it), they're 5 points ahead of Cadets.  Looking back at the last 10 finals, being 5 points behind 1st typically puts you in the 5th-6th place area. :thumbs-up: :hehe:

SUPPORT LINK

Hey everybody, if you can even give $60 (or more) to support the corps this year, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Lot's of great fans of the Cadets on DCP that have been waiting for this day, this season, and this group of Cadets to take the field. How it happened means nothing now. It is in the rear-view mirror. We are looking to the future.

There is still lots of work to do on the field and off ... and we appreciate your support of the organization.

#marchstraightandtrue

• Like 5