Cadets 2018

8 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I hope so, because this was mad disappointing.

The GE 1 score was a one off in 9th place that made the gaps much closer than otherwise

It hasn't been a trend - so let's see how it goes tonight. Last nights run was a bit rough - particularly visually IMO. Hoping for a great run tonight!

George.

As the infamous one always said, it just takes one judge making a call like GE1  last night to start a trend so we'll see.

This is not a knock on the kids, but I can see where the GE judge is comimg from.

The other corps integrate their props, move them around, change the staging numerous times.  Cadets just sit there in one place and are so under utilized.

Its rough bc there is soooo much hey could have done with them to convey the theme, but we just get one moment when the hornline spins around on them.

Omce again, not a knock agaonst the kids.  As usual, design issues.

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cadet93 said:

As the infamous one always said, it just takes one judge making a call like GE1  last night to start a trend so we'll see.

This is not a knock on the kids, but I can see where the GE judge is comimg from.

The other corps integrate their props, move them around, change the staging numerous times.  Cadets just sit there in one place and are so under utilized.

Its rough bc there is soooo much hey could have done with them to convey the theme, but we just get one moment when the hornline spins around on them.

Omce again, not a knock agaonst the kids.  As usual, design issues.

Fortunately the “design gods” that cane up with the props that don’t move and the dark color scheme etc have been fired

i have confidence the team and mm will do their best to max out their show this year, crowds same to be enjoying it a lot. I know I do

Post-season with Cadets now under mature leadership I’m sure they’ll be a solid review of all design and teaching staff, and if any tough decisions need to be made, well then they’ll be made. Also important is now that Hopkins is gone perhaps a lot of folks who left or avoided the Cadets because of him, will give any new opportunities a fresh consideration 

in the meantime let’s cheer on this years corps as they will be the team that launched a new and promising era for THE Cadets!

• Like 8

This is a repeat from the Katy thread, but someone from the Cadets needs to hear (and pay attention to this).

I know it is probably bad manners to duplicate a post, but I'm doing it so that it might be fixed.

OK, I've got to say this:

Somebody need to help the CADETS our with their electronics.  Last night I was sitting on 15 on the right side, sorry I don't know Side A or B.  I'm old.  Most of the field is to my left.  Now there is an interesting quartet of singers on the field ... on the 30 on the left side of the field.  However, where do I hear the quartet?  Yes, you got it, from the speaker on the 10 on the right side of the field.   This is totally unnecessary.  Don't they know what they are doing?  I did not have this mis-hearing from any other corps last night.  It also happened every time the quartet sang.

• Like 1

Have a great show!! Love ya !!!:bighug:

• Like 2

Have a great run! We’re all behind you!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

This is a repeat from the Katy thread, but someone from the Cadets needs to hear (and pay attention to this).

I know it is probably bad manners to duplicate a post, but I'm doing it so that it might be fixed.

OK, I've got to say this:

Somebody need to help the CADETS our with their electronics.  Last night I was sitting on 15 on the right side, sorry I don't know Side A or B.  I'm old.  Most of the field is to my left.  Now there is an interesting quartet of singers on the field ... on the 30 on the left side of the field.  However, where do I hear the quartet?  Yes, you got it, from the speaker on the 10 on the right side of the field.   This is totally unnecessary.  Don't they know what they are doing?  I did not have this mis-hearing from any other corps last night.  It also happened every time the quartet sang.

Yup, same thing I noticed when I saw them. Brass all down by the right side 30. Heard them from the left side speakers. Love the show, great brass/drums/drill writing, best use of vocalists I've seen, but, c'mon, can't this be fixed pretty easily?

• Like 1