The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

9 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Just had an update. After Harvey makrs landfall it is head towards Houston. I better pick some awesome dci shows to binge watch in my apartment.

Yikes. Stay safe!!!

And... with the "Hook 'em" in your signature, I'm gonna assume you're a fellow Longhorns fan... let's hope for the best for a turnaround this season!!!

And if you're not a 'Horns fan, please ignore the previous line.  :tongue:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Yikes. Stay safe!!!

And... with the "Hook 'em" in your signature, I'm gonna assume you're a fellow Longhorns fan... let's hope for the best for a turnaround this season!!!

And if you're not a 'Horns fan, please ignore the previous line.  :tongue:

I am a big longhorns fan! They have the tools to be great this season... they are ranked 23rd. They have a good shot at winning 9 to 10 games this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Just had an update. After Harvey makrs landfall it is head towards Houston. I better pick some awesome dci shows to binge watch in my apartment.

Yikes! Hadn't been following much news and didn't know what the fuss was about here. So sure, be careful and safe.

I sat through typhoon winds for a long evening several years ago in Japan. Not fun. Lots of Springsteen and Sting on something called a Sony Discman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am a big longhorns fan! They have the tools to be great this season... they are ranked 23rd. They have a good shot at winning 9 to 10 games this season.

Tom Herman is the man to turn this program into a contender. I may have said the exact same thing about Charlie Strong...But with Charlie he turned the program around in a positive way, recruited great players while cleaning up the program. Time for Herman to make those guys contenders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Yikes! Hadn't been following much news and didn't know what the fuss was about here. So sure, be careful and safe.

I sat through typhoon winds for a long evening several years ago in Japan. Not fun. Lots of Springsteen and Sting on something called a Sony Discman.

Haha I remember those. I remember when Allison and Ike hit us. The flooding was horrible from Allison and Ike packed a pretty good punch. I am thankful that I live on the third floor, but I know my street is going to flood and I will not be able to get to work this weekend. And now I just found out my power may go out.... sooo, it is about to be really fun

6 hours ago, littlejaw said:

Tom Herman is the man to turn this program into a contender. I may have said the exact same thing about Charlie Strong...But with Charlie he turned the program around in a positive way, recruited great players while cleaning up the program. Time for Herman to make those guys contenders.

I was nervous about strong coming in. He did well with the attitude... but now these guys gotta perform. I really hope the longhorns surprise me this season

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I sure hope so.

I'm a big Charlie Strong fan, and really hoped he would work out at Austin... did a lot of good there, instilled a discipline level that had been lacking,  but as it turned out, not the right fit overall. 6-win seasons don't cut it at UT.   He'll do fine at USF. A great man, with unmatched character and integrity.

Meanwhile, we'll see what Mr. Herman can do for Longhorn Nation!!!

OK... now back to our regularly-scheduled "Cavaliers 2018" thread.  LOL.  They knocked me out this summer, and I'm looking forward to their 2018 product!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Haha I remember those. I remember when Allison and Ike hit us. The flooding was horrible from Allison and Ike packed a pretty good punch. I am thankful that I live on the third floor, but I know my street is going to flood and I will not be able to get to work this weekend. And now I just found out my power may go out.... sooo, it is about to be really fun

which is why we always keep a pantry full of candles, pull top lidded foods, sterno, and the kayak parked by the door.

Come on, HookEm. Not being able to get to work? If the Cavies were there doing a contest or exhibition, you would swim even around the snakes, varmints, and gators.  And you'd probably be one of them helping little old ladies across the river as well. Be safe.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, xandandl said:

which is why we always keep a pantry full of candles, pull top lidded foods, sterno, and the kayak parked by the door.

Come on, HookEm. Not being able to get to work? If the Cavies were there doing a contest or exhibition, you would swim even around the snakes, varmints, and gators.  And you'd probably be one of them helping little old ladies across the river as well. Be safe.

.... actually that is very true lol