The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Well...found out on Thanksgiving day that my Cavalier earned a contract at the Texas audition. Year 2 of Cavaliers coming up this summer, and I can't wait! 

was there a doubt?

Your sincerity and loyalty almost equaled Hook 'Em's last season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, xandandl said:

was there a doubt?

Your sincerity and loyalty almost equaled Hook 'Em's last season.

Well...I'm definitely a Cavaliers "homer"...no doubt. But with new brass staff infusion from Carolina Crown, Blue Stars, etc. my son felt like he had to "prove it all over again" and kindly asked me to fund a trip to Dallas rather than doing a video audition so he could "look them in the eye". Evidently they liked what they saw. Contracts weren't very abundant, as would be expected at a season opening audition. So...never a doubt in MY mind...but HE's the one that has to do the playing and marching. :-) 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Well...I'm definitely a Cavaliers "homer"...no doubt. But with new brass staff infusion from Carolina Crown, Blue Stars, etc. my son felt like he had to "prove it all over again" and kindly asked me to fund a trip to Dallas rather than doing a video audition so he could "look them in the eye". Evidently they liked what they saw. Contracts weren't very abundant, as would be expected at a season opening audition. So...never a doubt in MY mind...but HE's the one that has to do the playing and marching. :-) 

if there is one thing I am sure about my friend Kevin LeBouef is that he is fair, pro-student, and tremendously compassionate. He'd like your son's spunk.

Kev's also a bit surprised by the "aura" and "rep" his public relations agents have sown before his arrival. A great chuckle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Well...found out on Thanksgiving day that my Cavalier earned a contract at the Texas audition. Year 2 of Cavaliers coming up this summer, and I can't wait! 

I was at the audition camp, probably saw or even talked to him a little bit. They sounded great at camp.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

I was at the audition camp, probably saw or even talked to him a little bit. They sounded great at camp.

Cool! He said there was a good turnout! He would have probably rather gone to Rosemont for the 2nd "Initial" camp, but his college band is still tied up in the FCS playoffs. But I'm thrilled that he's already "checked his box" for a contract with the Cavs for 2018. 

46 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cool! He said there was a good turnout! He would have probably rather gone to Rosemont for the 2nd "Initial" camp, but his college band is still tied up in the FCS playoffs. But I'm thrilled that he's already "checked his box" for a contract with the Cavs for 2018. 

Sending you a PM

4 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

This is blasphemy! You must say 14 "Splooies", sing "Rainbow" twice, and then watch the 2006 Production of "The Machine" to cleanse yourself. :-) 

I am not sure if it is lol!!! But all joking aside.... I am really getting pumped up for the 2018 season 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am not sure if it is lol!!! But all joking aside.... I am really getting pumped up for the 2018 season 

Also, I'm sending you a PM.

• Like 1