The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

6 hours ago, glory said:

My question is: Will they play and march the tough music at the same time? Because in the past - last year in particular - they didn't. 

Good question. Who knows?  Seems like they weren't and aren't the only corps to do that. I do know that they're working on foot timing while playing fast music at a fast tempo, so my guess is maybe, if their design calls for it during that portion of the show...

They still need to fit the criteria on sheets and design shows that will do well this year and not necessarily what would have done well in 1995...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Good question. Who knows?  Seems like they weren't and aren't the only corps to do that...

I hear you. Brass lines not tackling difficult parts on the march is one of the DCI trends I lament the most. I get it that not every brass line can be Cadets 2015. Still, it's reached absurd proportions, and Cavies were among the biggest offenders last year. Here's hoping all the corps stop sandbagging on this one. Or if not, the judges punish them for taking it easy.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 8:57 AM, littlejaw said:

I think we’re about two or three weeks out from the first of any reveal.

Ya, 'seems like a lot of the Top 12 reveal pretty much within the same timeframe these days now. Not all of them, but most of them.

Had dinner last week at Tavern on South, a flag toss from Lukas Oil and where (I think) the Cavaliers have a big alumni + fans gathering on Saturday afternoon before finals. A moment of mild excitement about the upcoming tour.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 5:05 AM, jjeffeory said:

Just heard material from the brass camp this past weekend in the Inside Access page.

Oh my, I am even more excited. Lots of progress has been made since January camp! Lots of changes and tweaks too.

This hornline is going to be a monster this summer!  Very powerful, full, and well blended for March...

How do you get access to the page? I'm sure there is a donation that is required..if so, how much? I want in! :35_thinking:

9 hours ago, The Greens said:

How do you get access to the page? I'm sure there is a donation that is required..if so, how much? I want in! :35_thinking:

I think if you donate, you'll sometime later get an invitation to join the closed group.

So, go donate over at the Cavalier website: https://give.cavaliers.org/#support-the-cavaliers

You can choose to donate once. I don't know what a good amount is to donate. That's up to you, but I'd donate at least $10 or even more if you can...

Then on Facebook, ask to join the "Cavaliers Inside Access" closed group. I'm not sure how long it takes to get access, but that's the general way to get some of this behind the scenes stuff.  Warning, much of the content is taken down pretty quickly after camps.  Don't wait to get an invitation to join the group, they're busy in Rosemont this off season.  I had to request to join...  Good luck. They're stepping up and sounding like they're going to have a beast of a hornline  this year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/cavaliers-focus-on-student-workplace-safety

Looks like the Cavaliers are implementing some important procedures and rules that have been called for by many on these boards. Nice to see someone transparent on how they are trying to take care of the students.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 4:58 PM, littlejaw said:

https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/cavaliers-focus-on-student-workplace-safety

Looks like the Cavaliers are implementing some important procedures and rules that have been called for by many on these boards. Nice to see someone transparent on how they are trying to take care of the students.

The corps that was 2 weeks ahead of the announcement, that has a clear policy. And ways to report the problems.

• Like 3