The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

If true a  Shame indeed especially on a very important anniversary year.  They missed on other anniversary years in the past such as the redo of Firebird. Would love to of heard something like an updated The Cavalier Anthems.  Going to keep an open mind until we hear and see it though 

The redo of Firebird was in 97. Traditions for a New Era was 98, the 50th anniversary, which was a great show (I'm biased because it was my age out).

Edited by tommynev
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, tommynev said:

The redo of Firebird was in 97. Traditions for a New Era was 98, the 50th anniversary, which was a great show (I'm biased because it was my age out).

'98's probably my single favorite Cavies show, honestly. Definitely the one I listen to the most (because, let's be real, the music wasn't the selling point for the 2000's Cavies--it was fine, but not the focus).

Definitely their best ballad.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are they doing the beginning of ST at Benedictine university again? 

Not sure right now. I haven't bothered to ask.

4 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

If true a  Shame indeed especially on a very important anniversary year.  They missed on other anniversary years in the past such as the redo of Firebird. Would love to of heard something like an updated The Cavalier Anthems.  Going to keep an open mind until we hear and see it though 

Well I've heard a good chunk of the show, and it sounds better put together than last year's good effort, but when you have mostly the same design staff you're going to get commonalities between years. ...but everything is ramped up, much more stuff happening in the hornline than what we've heard from other corps this decade. We alumni will be quite happy with the show. ...and I haven't heard of anything that compares to the Mars/My Way mashup, but there are obviously going to be some blending of pieces, and carrying of a musical theme throughout the show. ...just like other corps.

We're going to hear a huge variety of styles, a great ballad, and a bunch of others bad ### horn stuff. Very few people are going to be disappointed in the show, imho...

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Well I've heard a good chunk of the show, and it sounds better put together than last year's good effort, but when you have mostly the same design staff you're going to get commonalities between years. ...but everything is ramped up, much more stuff happening in the hornline than what we've heard from other corps this decade. We alumni will be quite happy with the show. ...and I haven't heard of anything that compares to the Mars/My Way mashup, but there are obviously going to be some blending of pieces, and carrying of a musical theme throughout the show. ...just like other corps.

We're going to hear a huge variety of styles, a great ballad, and a bunch of others bad ### horn stuff. Very few people are going to be disappointed in the show, imho...

I have as well and agree with your assessment. Excited to see where they are after April camp next weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I live about 10 miles from there.  

Yeah it looks to be in Adrian Michigan this year.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

You have me VERY excited right now!! 

• Like 1