The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

okay to be honest, i had the cavaliers pegged in the 5-7 range, but when i heard that hornline video, i thought that given the right program, they have the talent to contend for a medal. if anyone has anything on the program (which sounds appealing based on the rep and theme) that they could PM me, please don't hesitate, i'd love to hear/see more from this group. by the way seems like kevin could be a superstar in the making in terms of dci staff...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

okay to be honest, i had the cavaliers pegged in the 5-7 range, but when i heard that hornline video, i thought that given the right program, they have the talent to contend for a medal. if anyone has anything on the program (which sounds appealing based on the rep and theme) that they could PM me, please don't hesitate, i'd love to hear/see more from this group. by the way seems like kevin could be a superstar in the making in terms of dci staff...

I’m a hornline parent. I watched their process last year. I’m obviously watching it this year. I have no idea if they will medal because I have no idea of the rate other Corps are improving over last year. 

But what I do know is the Cavaliers hornline has markedly improved since 2017.

I also agree with your assessment of Kevin’s leadership. I personally know one kid that would run through a brick wall for him. 

Sometimes the combination of “young” and “hyper talented” is a good thing when relating to MM’s that are 17-21. 

Couldn’t be more excited for the Cavs season, and though I’m sure no one will believe this, I’m not sure I care where they place. My kid is getting the hands on education of a lifetime. 

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

This is what I've been saying this year, but we still have those who think this is bunk and that I'm just cheer leading.

Boston sounds good too, btw.

• Like 1

The Cavies have stated (via Twitter) that they have an announcement coming later this week that will be "music to [our] ears."

I'm betting this means that they'll be releasing their musical selections for the show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

This is what I've been saying this year, but we still have those who think this is bunk and that I'm just cheer leading.

Boston sounds good too, btw.

boston sounds good is like saying the golden state warriors are good.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, littlejaw said:

Look away @Hook'emCavies because it's a video of the boys playing.

Such a nice rendition of The Church's One Foundation. The nuns at Immaculata are proud of Kev too even though it's a hymn supposedly written by one M. Luther. Nicely done Green team.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 8:31 PM, littlejaw said:

Look away @Hook'emCavies because it's a video of the boys playing.

Cavie alums, Hook'Em and Popcorneater will all be particularly proud.

Lsten to the lyrics of the verse being sung in harmony here about brotherhood and fraternity.

Freddie/Mike/Kevin may have given this hornline and corps something to rival their famed singing of Rainbow and the canon We Are the Mighty Cavaliers.

Will these 3 be the encore feature for this summer?

Edited by xandandl

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Cavie alums, Hook'Em and Popcorneater will all be particularly proud.

Lsten to the lyrics of the verse being sung in harmony here about brotherhood and fraternity.

Freddie/Mike/Kevin may have given this hornline and corps something to rival their famed singing of Rainbow and the canon We Are the Mighty Cavaliers.

Will these 3 be the encore feature for this summer?

It’s a really good piece for sure. I’m fairly certain that this intended to be a warm up, but it could be a lasting fixture in warm up for years to come. I feel there is a little more after the crescendo we didn’t get to hear yet that should be a lot of fun.

• Like 1