The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

Just watched them. O. M. G.

I absolutely cannot, regardless of competitive results, imagine this NOT being my favorite show this year! And I'm a total west coast honk! Love, Love, LOVE everything about it, and can't wait to see it get even better!

Probably six corps that people guarantee are a lock to medal this year :laugh:, but I can't see this NOT at this point!

So I guess I already have my "surprise" corps (for me, at least, yes I know they kicked it up a ton last summer) , and June's not even over!

Just bummed I won't get to see them in person anywhere  :unhappy: . So thanks guys - You made me buy Big, Loud, and Live tickets for the first time ever.

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

I absolutely cannot, regardless of competitive results, imagine this NOT being my favorite show this year! And I'm a total west coast honk! Love, Love, LOVE everything about it, and can't wait to see it get even better!

Probably six corps that people guarantee are a lock to medal this year :laugh:, but I can't see this NOT at this point!

So I guess I already have my "surprise" corps (for me, at least, yes I know they kicked it up a ton last summer) , and June's not even over!

So who's bumped? CC & Bloo?

Edited by JAZZER

1 minute ago, JAZZER said:

So who's bumped? CC or Bloo?

Tough to tell right now, right? If I HAD to, I'd say Crown, but maybe both? Not unimaginable that we could see California 1 & 2. Can't wait to see the speculation about that after tonight!

• Like 1

This show is good! It’s a good one, I must say! I’m ready to see where the creative team and that powerful brass line takes it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

This show is good! It’s a good one, I must say! I’m ready to see where the creative team and that powerful brass line takes it.

It reminds me of their glory years in many ways, but is, OTOH, completely contemporary.

4 hours ago, JAZZER said:

So who's bumped? CC & Bloo?

CC is most on the bubble would be my guess. The Beatles' ballad will be looked back on by mid-July as the "what were we thinking?" part of the show for the design team. They were much cleaner than Cavaliers last night, visually, but less ambitious, to my mind (and the prop downstage left that did nothing until the last 2 minutes was pure 2010 non-Finalist).

Rosemont will have their work cut out for them to stay top 4 just because of how good everyone at the top is now, but with the right 'aha' moment during the season where the staff, members, judges, and audiences click together, it's not out of the question that they could nudge one of the presumed top 3's out of the way.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Just bummed I won't get to see them in person anywhere  :unhappy: . So thanks guys - You made me buy Big, Loud, and Live tickets for the first time ever.

I am glad they made a you a fan of them this summer! Woo!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1