The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

55 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I like the show a lot. But was a bit bummed last night in Katy. The guard was off, and they carry such visual weight for The Cavies.  While the show was good, I thought it was a noticeable step down from the big three. Those final nuanced flag colors don’t carry the synch effect as well as the all-yellow ones did in the first couple of weeks of the tour.

Bummed but not out. Hoping it’s spectacular tonight in the Alamo Dome.

Still the best looking corps of the tour, costume-wise. The classiest in the field presence.

Thanks fir the info.  When I saw them earlier this summer they were phenomenal.

I thought they sounded much improved at SA last night. Ensemble sound - especially in the first section, which is tricky technically - was a lot cleaner, and more nuanced dyamically. It's almost as if they had a super accomplished director working with them this week...

From a design standpoint, the last minute drags. That's on the visual design staff. They need higher velocity drill to match the music. I suspect this is not the 'real' ending.

• Like 1

Just stopping by to say that this is probably the most entertaining year for me. This will be a show that will be on repeat for me in the offseason

• Like 6

Seeing the results from Atlanta last night, I wasn’t too surprised to see them slip into sixth, as much as it kills me to say that. Their closer changed just a little and I’m not sure if it’s for the better. I’m hoping it’s still a placeholder for what’s to come on August 11th. What do you guys think?

3 hours ago, ripchops said:

Seeing the results from Atlanta last night, I wasn’t too surprised to see them slip into sixth, as much as it kills me to say that. Their closer changed just a little and I’m not sure if it’s for the better. I’m hoping it’s still a placeholder for what’s to come on August 11th. What do you guys think?

I think The Cavaliers are in temporary trouble.  I love my alma mater corps but I think there’s a ceiling we’ve hit and can’t break through.  Right now it doesn’t look good at all and I’ll  see them live tomorrow night in Centerville.  Maybe they’ll get back on the track to steady improvement.

• Like 1