Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

1 hour ago, hostrauser said:

My understanding (from an "off-the-record" conversation with a YEA! staffer) is that The Cadets would have gone under years ago if not for their USBands cash cow. Their marching band circuit is basically carrying every other part of the organization.

Now, I have ALSO heard a rumor from people in the band world on the eastern seaboard that USBands has started pulling a few shenanigans and there are rumblings of discontent about what they are doing and who is responsible.

Which leads me to the speculation that IF George Hopkins is out at YEA!, it will be not because of his recent mishandling of The Cadets but rather (ironically) his recent mishandling of USBands.

Purely hypothetical scenario pondering, mind you.

shenanigans? You mean like in 2008 changing a show to a "regional" at the last minute and sending out invoices for extra cash? Or sending gold panels to shows contracted for silver panels?

stuff like that has been happening for years. Doesn't seem to be as many freebies as there used to be tho

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Into what?   :lle:

another corps gear or into the peace and contentment that comes with not teaching DCI

• Like 3

Meanwhile, it spins you round like a record baby round round round round.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Hopkins, on his FB Live, just confirmed that no one cannot annouce staff changes until the Tuesday after Labor Day

Bingo. It was agreed to by the Corps Directors before the season started, and mentioned earlier on here by " SuperSaderFan" in his post from last nite.

• Like 2

"Drum corps not announcing their staffs" is what he said. 

Does that mean that a staff member from X Corps can't publicly announce their departure for said corps?

On 8/13/2017 at 6:02 AM, Triple Forte said:

My hope is the tenured creative staff from BD retire after a Anniversary Year Championship win to allow for a fresh change to their show designs

You mean giving hope to the bottom half to have a chance at ever beating them.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Hopkins, on his FB Live, just confirmed that no one cannot annouce staff changes until the Tuesday after Labor Day

Recaps redux. 

• Like 1